I remember that I got very upset when La Prairie began to discontinue some of the serums that my family loved one after the other including Cellular Retexturizing Booster, Anti-Aging Longevity Serum and Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Eye Line Filler. Before talking about Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster, let me tell you briefly why those discontinued serums were loved by my family, including my grandmother. First as they seem quite related to their Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster.
- Cellular Retexturizing Booster (30ml)
I especially enjoyed this a lot when I used to have more active breakout-prone skin back when I was a student. It did exfoliate my skin and I somehow loved that tingling sensation XD. It worked wonderfully under any serums or moisturisers and helped my skin to keep breakouts at bay.
- Anti-Aging Longevity Serum (50ml)
All the women family members loved the the thick non-oily gel serum! :3. My grandmother and mother even called it a "youth elixir" as what it was supposed to do was prolong the skin cell longevity and keep the cells healthy. Certainly looking at the firmness in their skin, my elder sister and I also started to layer it over our serums and under our moisturisers too XD. Hey, if you have looked at my mother's recent photo on my blog, it did a pretty good job, right? :3 (She's nearly in her 60s by the way :/)
- Anti-Aging Anti-Wrinkle Eye Line Filler (15ml)
Everyone loved the product and we couldn't understand why the company had to stop carrying it until their new Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster came out. My mother was a particularly religious user since the filler launched. It improved some minor wrinkles and worked brilliantly to keep those wrinkles from getting deeper even on the corner of her mouth, upper lip area and smile lines. My sister and I used it during the day time as it was a great eye make-up base that was light and fast absorbing.
And most of the perks that we were getting from those discontinued serums seem to be attainable in one product Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster. It's pretty cool, right? It gently resurfaces skin and infuses skin with anti-wrinkle peptides to improve especially wrinkle related aging.
Consistency & Scent
It still somehow smells pretty similar to their Anti-Aging Longevity Serum, which has a subtle fragrance, but I would say that the texture has gotten much lighter.
Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster has a runny gel consistency that penetrates into skin fast. I think the texture is right in between Anti-Aging Longevity Serum and Cellular Retexturizing Booster.
Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster gently exfoliates skin and it's quite hydrating that it makes a nice go-to serum especially during the day time and warmer seasons. I didn't see any weird skin reactions when I used it during my PMS, which is good, but I'm not quite certain whether it prevents any breakouts. I've noticed though that it sort of helps my skin to heal much faster after popping pimples XD. I personally wouldn't suggest it for those with acne prone / oily skin though.
It's interesting that my mother and I experienced the glow and the plumping action in our skin regardless of our age gap. It seems to improve and soften wrinkles pretty impressively (but not magically like botox or any treatments that you could get from the dermatologist's). The result is in fact quite noticeable within a short period time, which was quite amazing.
Where to Buy
If you are thinking of using Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster along with other La Prairie moisturisers for faster results, here are some of my suggestions based on my family's experience including myself.
Moisturisers with SPF
- Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30
- Anti-Aging Day Emulsion SPF 30 & Day Cream SPF 30
- Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
- Line Interception Power Duo
Moisturisers / Finishers without SPF
- Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- Cellular Radiance Night Cream
- Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream / Luxe Cream Sheer / Firming Complex)
- Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive
- Line Interception Power Duo
In a word, Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster works. However, if you have deep wrinkles caused in combination of sagging and wrong daily habits such as smoking and sleeping on your side, then you need to work on those as well. The product by itself won't do the whole job, and that isn't how you treat skin aging issues anyways. Regardless, I think that Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster is very good value considering it still comes in a 50mL bottle like their discontinued Anti-Aging Longevity Serum but with much better and fast result delivery. Highly recommended!
And here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to La Prairie Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster:
- La Prairie Skin Care Comprehensive Overview
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Crystalline Concentre & Skin Caviar Liquid Lift
- La Mer The Treatment Lotion & The Concentrate
- Chanel Le Lift V-Flash Boosting Serum
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on La Prairie, Suncare, Anti-Aging and Intensive Treatments
- Sisley Sisleÿa-Elixir
- Sisley Hydra-Global (Tips / Hydrating Serum)
- Sisley All Day All Year Essential Anti-Aging Day Care
- Mason Pearson / Best Hair Brushes & Combs for Men, Women and Children
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care/Ko Hyun-Jung)
- Simplehuman 8" Lighted Sensor Magnifying Makeup Mirror
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo, Conditioner & Nourishing Styling Cream