I think I’ve tried most major Korean CC cushions over the past 5 years or so. Amongst them, I’ve noticed that I keep coming back to Amore Pacific company owned CC cushions such as Laneige, Sulwhasoo, IOPE and Amore Pacific. Well, it’s not very surprising since they are on the list of my favourite Korean beauty brands :P. These days, there are CC cushion/cream dupes out there on the market, but I somehow still prefers the originals O_O. The ingredients and the quality of the puff are far better, being more beneficial to your skin’s health rather than just correcting skin tone.
So I’ve been using the CC cushions by Laneige and Amore Pacific together. I basically apply Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact broad spectrum SPF 50+, and then just touch up with Laneige BB Cushion throughout the day. If you ask me why, it’s because the Amore Pacific CC cushion has more anti-aging ingredients and is more expensive than the Laneige one :P. Both give a very nice glow as if you were born with that skin ;).
Upon application, it’s very cooling, which is an added bonus during summer! This summer I’ve been reapplying 3-4 times a day, and it hasn’t broken me out. This was the main reason why I use CC cushion more often than foundation in warmer seasons; easy to reapply and no/less breakouts.
I’d say these CC cushions provide light to medium buildable coverage. If you reapply throughout the day like myself, at the end of the day you will find yourself with medium to almost full coverage! :P I wouldn’t recommend these products if you have oily skin unless you use some powder on top simply because they give your skin a dewy finish. However, it’s ultra light liquid in a special sponge, so I’d say it feels still very much lighter than the normal foundations on the market. It feels like nothing really. Something comparable to that in the foundation category would be the By Terry Light Expert foundation Brush(full review).
It instantly hydrates your skin upon application, so if you have some dehydration issues, you should try CC cushions. The CC cushion really comes in handy during summer especially because my skin gets really hot and dehydrated from just walking around the street. It has been my saviour from those issues by instantly relieving dehydration and cooling down my skin.
Amore Pacific The Resort Collection
Amore Pacific released their new sun products this year, and I purchased all of them straight away since I had no doubt about the technology and quality of the products that they deliver from my experience. I must say they did live up to my high expectations that I had when I initially bought. I’ve been using the range religiously this summer, and I still haven’t seen an increase in the number of sun spots. So yes, my new sun care regime has been working well :).
Amore Pacific Sun Protection Stick broad spectrum SPF 50+ is very cooling and light yet hydrating. Basically think it as a non tinted version of their CC cushions. It doesn’t leave a white cast, but leaves skin glow. This is my must-have wherever I go thanks to its convenient application. Seriously it made my life easier! LOL. I no longer need to wash my hands whenever I reapply sun screen. Yay <3
I’ve found that Amore Pacific Sun Protection Stick broad spectrum SPF 50+ and the Sun Protection Mist broad spectrum SPF 30 is great compliment to the sun cushion throughout the day. I use the sun stick for the more sensitive areas such as around the eyes, back of my ears, my nose bridge and lips. As for the sun mist, I just use it instead of the regular mist during the day. Added sun factor is always a great bonus indeed!
Now if you are tossing up which cushion you should get, then I suggest you try the CC cushion if your skin looks constantly tired. If you don’t really wear a foundation in general or just want to reapply sun protector, then the sun protection cushion will suit you better. Both of them make your skin glow and look healthier :).
Where to Buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
Here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to Amore Pacific and Laneige:
- Diorskin Forever Perfect Cushion Foundation SPF 35 PA+++ by Dior
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
- IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning (First Essence Lotion)
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 VS Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50
- Dior CC Cushions (Capture Totale Dream Skin VS Forever Perfect VS Diorsnow Bloom Perfect)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on Suncare, La Prairie, Sisley and Intensive Treatments
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- John Masters Organics Pomegranate Facial Nourishing Oil
- Mason Pearson / Best Hair Brushes & Combs for Men, Women and Children
- Sisley Face Masks
- My favourite Suncare / Make-up products for Spring and Summer
- Dior ONE ESSENTIAL City Defense SPF 50 / Mist-Lotion / Booster Serum / Eye Serum
- Chanel UV Essentiel Soin Quotidien Multi-Protection Daily Defender UV-Pollution SPF 50+