My family loves Mason Pearson not just because of their tradition, but also for their quality and longevity in their products. I was introduced to a Mason Pearson hair brush when I was babysitting my nephew about 7 years ago. Back then, I wasn't really paying attention on what kind of hair brush I was using as I just used whatever was there XD. Then, my sister started talking to me about this amazing high-end hair brush brand, and told me about her first hair brush crush.
Mason Pearson Hair Brushes
My sister has a very sensitive scalp with fine long hair just like my man's. Although she has rarely done any chemical treatment throughout her life, she seemed to be more prone to have an issue with hair thinning and loss after postpartum. So one of the things that she changed was her hair brush along with other hair care products. She had to get a quality hair brush as her doctor advised her to brush hair using a paddle brush that wouldn't irritate her scalp. Apparently Mason Pearson Mixture hair brush actually helped with her healthy hair and scalp care regime, and my sister has been using hers ever since.
And she also got a Child's hair brush for my nephew and niece a few years ago. She has been taking extra care with their hair as they got my sister's hair. Oh, no >_<. Regardless, it's very gentle and I even saw my sister using it from time to time when she visited us :P.
I purchased my Large Extra Pure Bristle Hair Brush about 4 years ago and it still looks great. I got extra large purely because I have pretty long fingers and lots of hair to brush. The brush is gentle and it doesn't pull hair out when the brush gets a bit old unlike some of the cheap hair brushes on the market. It's very sturdy and very well hand-made. I like to use it especially when my hair's chemically treated and bleached as my hair tends to get very thin that I should be extra gentle with brushing.
Mason Pearson Combs
My man is very careful with brushing his hair because of his very thin slightly wavy hair and very sensitive scalp. However, the Mason Pearson hair brush and combs have been keeping his hair tangle free without any pain to scalp. Along with his love for La Prairie and La Mer, he has been in love with them and swore by them. Here are some of his favourites for the past a few years;
As much as he loves them, I personally love the Detangling Comb too! It's also handmade in Switzerland, and I've noticed that the combs last for a very long time. I use the comb when my hair's all normal and thick without being bleached as that's how my natural hair is. And it works wonderfully even when my hair's wet.
I also love to use the Dressing comb especially in the shower after putting a hair mask on, or when my hair's fully air dried. My man likes to use whatever he feels like as they are all gentle for his scalp. I recently got a handmade mini pocket comb for him from some other brand, and he doesn't enjoy using it at all as it hurts his scalp unlike the Mason Pearson's :P.
Anyway, our previous combs lasted for about 5 years O_O. And these are our second ones. All Mason Pearson hair brushes and combs are very durable and last long, which I think that the investment is worthwhile. I highly recommend Mason Pearson range if you are looking for a stocking filler or even as a very special gift for someone who likes grooming or even who needs some special attention :).
- More posts on Pets, La Mer, Skincare, Suncare and Intensive Treatments
- John Masters Organics Pomegranate Facial Nourishing Oil for Face and Body
- Simplehuman 8" Lighted Sensor Magnifying Makeup Mirror
- Affordable Cool Border Collie T-Shirts for Dog Lovers (Gift Ideas / Men & Women)
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo, Conditioner & Nourishing Styling Cream
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care/Ko Hyun-Jung)
- Thesis Beauty DIY Raw Cacao Face Mask Chocolatier's Gift
- Australian-Style Meat Pie Recipe
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- Keeping Your Dog's Teeth Clean and Healthy
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide! La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley (Comparasion)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)