The weather in Seattle around this time of the year is mostly rainy and cloudy, so I can get away with just using a tinted moisturiser with a built in SPF. This year I’ve been enjoying the new Chanel CC Cream SPF 50 that I got over holiday period, which I’ve found very convenient over winter.
To be honest, I had been contemplating whether I should get it or not for about a year before purchasing it simply because I hated their previous CC cream XD (Sorry, Chanel.. but it’s the truth O_O). Regardless, I finally got it! <3
I normally wear a mixture of Chanel Vitalumière Aqua shade 30 and 40 since I always find the colour gap between those two numbers a bit too big :(. Regardless, I got shade 40 in their newly upgraded CC cream with higher SPF and more shades (Shade 20, 30 and 40).
I recommend using your fingers as you would do with sunscreens since it goes on a bit thick at the beginning regardless of the fact that I put on a generous amount of day cream. I like to pat my skin after applying as it seems to help with blending and absorption. I would also avoid using mattifying products underneath as it can make it quite chalky and harder to blend. Using a compact powder type foundation with a sponge won’t work either (I tried with my La Prairie Compact Foundation that my sister got me). It just smears, which won’t make a good base for powder foundations.
Chanel CC Cream has the typical Chanel peach scent, and the shade 40 is about the same as Vitalumière Aqua Shade 40. From my experience, it doesn’t provide much hydration at all by itself, but it doesn’t dry out skin over time either, which is quite rare for a product containing a high percentage of zinc oxide. I’m also impressed with the fact that it doesn’t create a film over time on my skin (which is quite common for a zinc oxide containing products) and the colour doesn’t get oxidised easily. It almost feels like it locks in all the hydration though. It really works well if you give enough hydration underneath the Chanel CC Cream, which gives a beautiful glow with long lasting hydration.
Earrings and ring by Oscar de La Renta
As for coverage, I would say it has buildable coverage about light to medium (not sheer at all), but you still need a concealer to cover dark circles and sun spots. I have a few tiny breakouts on my cheeks, but they didn’t get worse or bigger. It didn’t make my skin oily that much around the t-zone area either, which is quite impressive since their Vitalumière Aqua always makes my t-zone area a bit shiny so I have to blot throughout the day.
Nail Varnish by Chanel in shade 529 Graphite
Overall, I’m very impressed and I’m quite addicted to Chanel CC Cream SPF 50! :D Well done, Chanel!
Where to Buy
Here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to Chanel CC Cream:
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Creme & Micro Serum
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 VS Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB SPF 50
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30
- Chanel UV Essentiel Soin Quotidien Multi-Protection Daily Defender UV-Pollution SPF 50+
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on Chanel, Anti-Aging, Suncare and Intensive Treatments
- Chanel Le Lift V-Flash Serum (Tips / World's Most Expensive Boosting Serum)
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask
- Sisley Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion (First Essence)
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care)
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss UV Protection Veil Sunscreen SPF 50
- Chanel Le Jour / La Nuit / Le Weekend de Chanel (Resychronizing Skincare)
- Chanel LE BLANC Brightening Concentrate Double Action TXC & Moisturizing Cream TXC
- Laneige / Amore Pacific CC Cushion & Amore Pacific The Resort Collection - Sun Protection Cushion / Stick / Mist
- My Favourite Autumn / Winter Suncare
- My favourite Suncare / Make-up products for Spring and Summer