Don’t get fooled by it’s name, emulsion, as it’s quite rich for an emulsion compared to other emulsions on the market. It’s more like a creamy emulsion texture, which isn’t very runny.
Regardless, I still wouldn't recommend it to those with combination to oily skin. And if you are sensitive to chemical sunscreens, then you might want to test beforehand as Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 has chemical sun filters.
- Reflective pigments including gold soften the effects of harsh lighting
- Unique brightening complex helps prevent age spots and evens out skin discolouration
- Exclusive golden peptide helps diminish the appearance of wrinkles and improve elasticity
- SPF 30 neutralises ageing effects of exposure to sunlight
- Calming plant extracts help prevent redness and irritation
- Salicornia plant extract enhances skin’s water pathways to drive more water into the skin
- Galangal leaf extract boosts production of hyaluronic acid
The hydration power is almost equivalent to their Anti-Aging Day Cream SPF 30 (full review), but I would say Anti-Aging Day Cream SPF 30 gives much longer lasting hydration, which is almost all day. However, if you use it together with Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold (full review) or any other La Prairie serums, your skin will be left hydrated all day. Another great thing about Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 is that it enhances how skin looks upon application. The emulsion also has very fine, almost unperceivable tiny particles that brings an instant beautiful glow to skin, which isn’t very surprising for La Prairie products, but it is for an SPF moisturiser.
As for brightening, it doesn’t brighten up skin like how it normally works with make-up primers and tinted moisturisers. It enhances the look of skin very subtly and naturally yet pretty amazingly that it gives that well-rested more even toned look instantly. This was the main reason why I was relying heavily on Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 when my man and I first started dating back at ANU. And he always commented (and still now :P) on my skin how great it looked and asked me if I put on make-up XD. Yep, and I told him NO with confidence :3. Haha. It certainly works great on make-up free days if you have good skin in general, and you can just get away with Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 without any tinted moisturisers. Although the enhancing effect isn’t sadly long-lasting, but the hydration and glow lasts all day <3.
It doesn’t give any added benefits in terms of make-up longevity when you use it as a primer as I didn’t notice that much oil controlling benefit over the past 6 years since I started using it. However, it does give a reasonable ground for a very healthy dewy skin make-up as it gives deep hydration and a very expensive looking glow to skin, which I have been enjoying very much under my Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50 (full review) these days.
Where to Buy
- Amazon (Free shipping & discounts)
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
If you are thinking of using Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 along with other La Prairie products for faster results, here are some of my suggestions based on my family's experience including myself.
Serums / Boosters
- Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (First Essence)
- Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold (Anti-wrinkle/Plumping)
- Skin Caviar Liquid Lift (Lifting)
- Skin Caviar Crystalline Concentre (Firming/Renewing)
- Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster (Anti-wrinkle/Renewing)
Moisturisers / Finishers without SPF
- Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- Cellular Radiance Night Cream
- Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream / Luxe Cream Sheer / Firming Complex)
- Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive
And here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to La Prairie Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30:
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
- La Prairie Day Creams & Emulsions with SPF (Anti-Aging / Radiance / Swiss Ice Crystal)
- La Prairie Line Interception Power Duo
- Sisley All Day All Year Essential Anti-Aging Day Care
- La Prairie Skin Care Comprehensive Overview
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on La Prairie, Anti-Aging, Suncare and Intensive Treatments
- Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Diamond Transformative Energy Creme & Eye Creme
- Mason Pearson / Best Hair Brushes & Combs for Men, Women and Children
- Simplehuman 8" Lighted Sensor Magnifying Makeup Mirror
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo, Conditioner & Nourishing Styling Cream
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 VS Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50