As expected, La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion is the world's most expensive first essence although they launched the latest amongst all other luxury skincare brands.
By the way, I've already written a post on La Mer The Treatment Lotion (full review) and Sisley Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion (full review), so feel free to check them if you are contemplating to get La Mer, Sisley or La Prairie.
One thing that is unique about La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion is that it contains Caviar water as their very first ingredient, which I would expect given the high price point. It's actually a quite a similar concept to Amore Pacific as the company uses green tea water or bamboo sap juice as their first ingredient instead of just a regular water.
Scent & Consistency
La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion smells just like other Skin Caviar moisturisers, which I really like. It also has a transparent liquidy texture like La Mer The Treatment Lotion (full review).
Caviar might sound very nutrient and rich, but it's pretty light that it penetrates into skin very fast without leaving any oily residue on top. The finish of it is surprisingly neat, rather than feeling rich or heavy compared to their products in Skin Caviar collection. It has a very clean feeling, but you can instantly feel hydration deep into your skin.
Conditions / Prepares
Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion infuses the skin with moisture allowing a more balanced distribution and absorption of the serum and moisturizer to follow. In addition, Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion begins the infusion of caviar into the skin. - caviar water, derived from a newly perfected steam distillation process, contains the most delicate and volatile elements of caviar - the skin’s moisture barrier is hydrated and strengthened
Lifts / Firms
- skin is nourished and long-term firmness is boosted
- the anti-oxidant level of defense in the skin is increased and the skin’s barrier function is improved
- an immediate and continuous “lifting” micro film adheres to the skin, giving a feeling of tightening and lifting
Refines / Smooths
- skin is smoothed and the look of the complexion is improved by enhancing even skin tone and reducing the look of wrinkles
- skin texture is improved by tightening dilated pores
If you are only looking for extra hydration and a soothing boost, then I don't think that it's necessary to get La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion. However, it can be a great introductory product to begin the Skin Caviar collection for those who have much younger skin without typical concerns. As its first ingredient is caviar water, you will still get some firming benefits as that's what caviar is known for. It isn't 100% caviar water, just think that it's a diluted version of caviar water because the product also contains water on the ingredient list. Meaning, it isn't as potent, so it makes sense why it could get along well with most of the skin types except those with fragrance sensitivity.
Other than that, I think that it works great if you pair it with other anti-aging skincare regimes. I've noticed that it seems to help pretty well with skin renewal process and skin regeneration. It's nothing to do with plumping up skin, but it does bring the glow back. Although it doesn't bring a dramatic transformation, I feel that it could do the job if I use it for a few years like how I've been using other La Prairie products.
If you are thinking of using Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion along with other La Prairie moisturisers for faster results, here are some of my suggestions based on my family's experience including myself.
Moisturisers with SPF
- Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30
- Anti-Aging Day Emulsion SPF 30 & Day Cream SPF 30
- Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
Moisturisers / Finishers without SPF
- Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- Cellular Radiance Night Cream
- Skin Caviar Absolute Filler
- Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream / Luxe Cream Sheer / Firming Complex)
- Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive
Indeed, 150ml of the Skin Caviar lotion seems to be pretty good deal at the price compared to other products in Skin Caviar collection. However, the current price tag could be just introductory, and I wonder if the company might decide to increase the price within a year like how they did with Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask (full review). And if that happens, I'm not quite sure if it will be worth money. To be honest, I see La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion more as an add-on like an accessory, meaning you don't have to get it if you don't need one, so don't get pressured if you are already using their products.
However, if you are on a budget and still wanting to try out something anti-aging from La Prairie, even thinking of using Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion as a lightweight essence, then I instead recommend you check out their Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster (full review). It's at a similar price range and brings you faster and better results overall.
Where to Buy
Here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion:
- La Prairie Skin Care Comprehensive Overview
- Guerlain Orchidée Impériale The Night Revitalizing Essence (Detoxifying Essence)
- IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning (First Essence Lotion)
- La Prairie Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care)
- Chanel Le Lift V-Flash Boosting Serum
- Chanel Le Lift Masque de Massage (Recontouring Massage Mask)
- Sisley Face Masks
- High-end Hydrating Moisturisers (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
comments powered by Disqus