La Prairie discontinued their lip treatment and launched Anti-Aging Eye and Lip Perfection À Porter in a rather chic looking compact version a few years ago. The compact has two compartments, one for eye and one for lips. And each has a different mirror, so you basically get two mirrors and two different products in a single compact. It's quite nice and the idea is refreshing, but I cannot deny the fact that it's a bit of a pain to carry around in a pocket as the compact is rather big for an eye and lip treatment. Regardless, it has been with me most of the time in my pouch wherever I go, even when I go travelling as some of you might have already seen it from one of the photos in my old post.
Eye Cream-Gel has a very interesting texture that I wasn't sure whether I would use it much at the very beginning, upon purchase when it was launched. The consistency is definitely in between cream and gel, but there's some powdery feel to it too.
It may sound a little strange, but it feels more like a luxurious eye make-up base without feeling like a make-up base. It goes on very smooth and feels quite light compared to their actual eye creams. It also has yellow base with a bit of almost imperceptible fine shimmer, which gives a subtle luminosity around eye areas.
- dehydrated hyaluronic acid microspheres swell with water in the skin and fill wrinkles quickly
- elastomer silicone technology and silica give a soft focus effect
- luminescent ingredient diffuses light to disguise imperfections
Anti-Wrinkle Over Time
- marine extract helps restore firmness and elasticity
- bidens pilosa, a vegetal extract, provides retinol-like benefits
- hydrators, anti-oxidants, vitamin E
Tips & Effectiveness
The finish is very soft and smooth, and there's no residue at all. So I've actually been enjoying using it not just as an eye make-up base, but also as a highlight around my cupid's bow and along the cheekbone areas. It gives a very subtle glow and highlight that it has been my go to product for that purpose. It works for me very well, because I don't normally put on make-up much, so I don't like to buy separate products just for highlighting and eye make-up. Even better, Eye Cream-Gel does a good job to give extra hydration around my eye area throughout the day. I've been using it very frequently especially in a long haul flight to relieve the dryness around the eye area. I just dabbed it on once every few hours on top of my eye cream that I initially applied in the plane.
To be honest, La Prairie's dicontinued lip treatment didn't work very well for me as it wasn't hydrating enough but rather irritating. Anyways, I was very glad when the company brought out the new formula. However, I was a bit worried if the new one might give me itch like their old one did, so I had to try out some of my sister's Anti-Aging Eye and Lip Perfection À Porter first :3. Yep, that moment when your family member got the newest product first XD. Aww I love my sis <3. After a week of testing, I could tell that it wouldn't give me any irritation. And voilà, that's how I first got it a few years ago :D. My lips are very prone to cold sores whether it's from stress or wrong products, so I treat my lips as gently as possible. That's one of the reasons why I tend not to test lipsticks and lip glosses randomly.
The new Lip Balm (more like a hard cream) is very different from their previous one. Although I have to used a finger tip or an earbud to apply with the new formula, it has been working great without making my lips feeling itchy. It's way more hydrating, glossy and rich. It's also buildable, so you can just dab a small amount first, then build it up as how your lips feel.
- dehydrated hyaluronic acid microspheres plump and smooth lips
- hydrating complex, emollient blend, vitamin E
Tips & Effectiveness
It sort of creates a glossy veil on top, so you can dab some on your lipstick if your lips tend to get dried very easily throughout the day. That's how you get extra hydration and gloss at the same time >_<. It also works brilliantly as an overnight skin regenerator and hydrator for your lips. Although La Prairie doesn't mention anything about lip plumping, but I've noticed that my lips feel more plumped and wrinkles look less visible in the morning upon wake-up whenever I put it on my lips generously at night before going to bed. I think that it works brilliant if you mostly have dry lips or you don't normally put on a lipstick like me mostly because of sensitivity. Even though it doesn't taste good, it has a subtle pearlescent effect that makes lips instantly look more full. It isn't dramatic and it won't give that Angelina Jolie oomph to your lips, but it will make your lips look more youthful and give long-lasting hydration.
If you want to use it as a hydrating base for your lipstick, then I suggest you to dab a small amount either using your finger tip or a fine lip brush about 5 to 10 minutes before doing any lip make-up. If you want a bit of exfoliating benefit, then you can also use an earbud gently with a generous amount of the Lip Balm. It doesn't do anything to do with lip make-up longevity, so if that's what you look for in a lip balm, then La Prairie Lip Balm may not be the best ideal for you. And I wouldn't recommend you to carry it around when the weather's too hot as the lip treatment can get melted easily.
Where to buy
comments powered by Disqus
- La Prairie Skin Care Comprehensive Overview
- World's Most Expensive Skincare/ My 10+Years with Best Luxury Beauty (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream/ Luxe Cream Sheer/ Firming Complex)
- 37 Actives High Performance Anti-Aging and Filler Lip Treatment
- La Prairie Foam Cleanser / Purifying Cream Cleanser / Cellular Cleansing Water / Cellular Eye Make-up Remover
- La Mer Treatment Masks (The Lifting and Firming/ The Brilliance Brightening/ The Hydrating Facial/ The Intensive Revitalizing Mask)
- Dior CC Cushions (Capture Totale Dream Skin VS Forever Perfect VS Diorsnow Bloom Perfect)
- Sisley Sisleÿa Eye and Lip Contour Cream
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley VS Guerlain)