Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask is one of their new products launched this year. I was very excited about their Ultramoor Mud Mask as I quite like their popular media endorsed Deep Cleansing Mask (full review).
Most of the time when I was using their original Deep Cleansing Mask, I never really had an issue as my skin is pretty much normal and I personally like a gentle formula. However, there has always been 2% missing about the mask when my skin hits my monthly condition, ie. when it's a little more oilier than usual. Or even after staying awake all night watching TV shows or playing games, I felt that the mask had some limit on detoxifying skin effectively. So the Deep Cleansing Mask has ended up becoming one of my regular mud masks that I use, rather than a deeply detoxifying or even purifying treatment. So I really hoped that their new Ultramoor Mud Mask would be a bit more result-driven to hook me up :P. And here are my thoughts after using it for the past 9 months or so.
Scent & Consistency
Unlike their Deep Cleansing Mask, Ultramoor Mud Mask has a bit of an essential oil kick to the scent. It smells quite refreshing and has a therapeutic sensation, but it sometimes make me feel sick personally. Although I don't normally go well with an essential oil scent, Ultramoor Mud Mask hasn't been too bad.
Ultramoor Mud Mask is still quite creamy although it feels more dense and a little drier than their very gentle Deep Cleansing Mask. It's far creamier and softer than most of the mud masks on the market.
Easy application is one of the strengths of Omorovicza masks (full review), and it's also reflected in their Ultramoor Mud Mask. It spreads very soft and smooth, which reminded me of the Chantecaille Detox Clay Mask. It's a funny coincidence because the density of the mask is also quite similar to Chantecaille's.
Application & Effectiveness
Personally, it didn't even take 10 minutes for the mask to fully dry. I would say that it only takes in between 5 minutes to 8 minutes maximum. I honestly love the fact that I can remove the mask quickly as I often forget to rinse off on time normally with other masks.
The best part is though, there's no discomfort at all despite the mask drying quickly. I really appreciate the fact that the company actually carried the essence of their Deep Cleansing Mask on Ultramoor Mud Mask :). And it gives a nice glow to skin after using the mask. It even works well shortly after squeezing the breakouts or during my monthly. It isn't still powerfully purifying, but it's much faster acting than their Deep Cleansing Mask and I think that it works great considering how gentle the mask is still :).
The Big But
However, the praise stops there. Regardless of how smooth the mask goes on and how gentle it is, removing the mask is such a mess. I'm quite upset with the fact that the company didn't adapt the easy removal from their Deep Cleansing Mask. Let me explain to you why.
What I've noticed is that it almost feels like the mask is adhering to skin that it does get into pores. This can be good as it draws out impurities, but that's only when it's properly rinsed off. At first a few times, I followed their instructions, which supposed to be rinsing off with warm water, then using a face cloth to take off the remainder. So I washed my face with warm water to take off the mask, and oh dear....... my face turned gray here and there.. it just didn't come off very easily even though the mask was fully rinsed off. So I used the muslin cloth next. Guess what, the gray hue was still there. It almost felt like I had a very mild stain. Argh! So I kept wiping it off, which ultimately sensitised my skin. So did I get to take them off at all? No, I couldn't. So I had use a cotton pad soaked in my toner twice, and the mask was still not fully coming off. In the end, I just had to surrender as I didn't want to sensitise my skin further.
After that, I tired different ways including a steam towel, but the results were very similar. Trust me, the mask is indeed fast drying, but taking it off can be very difficult and time consuming. So I've been using the mask only when I have time to spare at night. And one concern rises, if the remainder of the mask is still somehow left on my skin, then I'm not quite sure how it will actually affect the skin in the long run. Certainly, wiping off skin 8-10 times with a face cloth and several cotton pads after washing won't help the well-being of skin either.
Although the company claims that Ultramoor Mud Mask is designed for oily to combo/normal skin type, the truth is that any skin type can get sensitive and sensitised. Meaning, I have no idea why the company didn't even check this major issue thoroughly before even launching the product. It has been very annoying seeing those gray patches here and there all over my face through my Simplehuman 5X magnifying LED mirror) every week >:-(. Some might think that I'm being harsh here, but the truth is that a mud mask worth over $125 (USD) should provide a better experience if their concept is all about being natural and luxurious. Ultramoor Mud Mask is indeed a confusing product and I strongly recommend you get a sample first and test before purchasing. If you want a safe path, I think that their Deep Cleansing Mask may be better in a sense.
Benefits & Ingredients
- Essential oils of sage, chamomile, rosemary and rose geranium have a cooling and antiseptic effect on the skin.
- Marine exopolysaccharides derived from plankton plump fine lines and tighten collagen fibres, providing an immediate lifting, firming effect.
- Hungarian Moor Mud is rich in calcium and magnesium carbonates, humic acid and fulvic acid, which purify and detoxify the skin.
- Hectorite Clay draws out impurities and hydrates the skin.
- A complex of oligopeptides and amino acids gently resurfaces the skin, eliminating dead cells for a brighter, smoother and more even-toned complexion.
- Omorovicza’s patented Hydro Mineral Transference™ mineral delivery system leaves skin firmer, more supple and younger-looking.
Aqua (Hungarian Thermal Water), Kaolin, Silt (Hungarian Mud), Glycerin, Aqua (Water), Hectorite, Alcohol Denat, CI 77499 (Iron Oxide), Saccharomyces Ferment Extract, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77007 Ultramarines, Mica, Yeast Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Isononyl Isononanoate, Camphor, Isopropyl Myristate, Salvia Officinale (Sage) Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Flower Oil, Soy Amino Acids, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Oil, Phospholipids, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Alteromonas Ferment Extract, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Potassium Sorbate.
Where to buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Omorovicza Rejuvenating Night Cream
- La Mer The Lifting and Firming Mask
- Sisley Face Masks
- Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 VS Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on Natural / Orgainic Skin care, Suncare, Intensive Treatments and Pets
- Simplehuman 8" Lighted Sensor Magnifying Makeup Mirror
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care/Ko Hyun-Jung)
- Omorovicza Serums/Concentrates
- Omorovicza Mist / Toner & Face Masks
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo, Conditioner & Nourishing Styling Cream
- Bioeffect 30 Day Treatment & EGF Serum
- Roloxin Lift Instant Skin Smoothing Mask
- GLAMGLOW Mud Masks
- Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Liquid, Cream & Oil Balm