Ecological Compound is the steady seller and also one of the first skincare products from Sisley that I started using about 8 years ago. Back then, my skin was mostly imbalanced from frequent travelling, irregular sleep and stress caused by assignments although my skin wasn't acne-prone. But I never needed to pay for the emulsion as I was always given free deluxe samples whenever my mother made a purchase, I still thought that it was a huge rip-off initially. However, I begun to realise how handy Ecological Compound is as the years went by.
Scent & Consistency
The emulsion smells very Sisley-like; slightly herbal and not of essential oil. If you have tried Sisley skincare before, then you probably know that their signature scent is rather very soothing and calming.
It's a lightweight emulsion that spreads very well, and absorbs fast without leaving any greasy feeling on the skin.
Ecological Compound is an essential revitalizing and hydrating skincare product. Formulated with a synergistic compound of plants (centella asiatica, ginseng, rosemary, hops, and horsetail) selected for their stimulating and revitalizing actions, its composition hydrates the epidermis, and restores comfort and radiance. It also helps skin fight environmental stress (pollution, cigarette smoke etc) and restores the skin to a more toned, supple state enabling it to get maximum benefit from future treatments. Its fluid, non-greasy texture leaves skin with a matte appearance.
- Ginseng: revitalizes
- Rosemary: tones, stimulates
- Hops: stimulates
- Horsetail: remineralizes, tones
- Centella Asiatica: regenerates and revitalizes
Sisley Ecological Compound is more than just a hydrating emulsion. It's an all-in-one solution to a boosting serum and hydrating moisturiser. In fact, Ecological Compound is only all-in-one high-end boosting serum on the market. It acts more like an skin supplement to improve a general quality of skin that can complement any type of skincare regime that you have.
It comes in as one of the gentlest formulas among all other luxury skincare brands. As much as my man and I like to use their Sunleÿa Age Minimizing After-sun Care when we're outside a lot, we've been also enjoying using Ecological Compound whenever our skin feels very sensitive that we can't even use thick textured creams. Having said that, it contains a mineral oil, so if you are someone who sticks to oil-free products, then it might not be the best for you although it never irritated or broke my skin out over the past years. Regardless, if your skin needs a barrier and needs to be strengthened and protected without any oily residue onto skin, Ecological Compound will do the job for you.
- Sisley Sunleÿa Age Minimizing After-sun Care
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley VS Guerlain)
- High-end Hydrating Serums (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturisers(Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
In addition to its skin soothing benefits, it's very easy to customise the level of hydration that you want. I normally start with a small amount, then I will put on a small amount again on top of that layer. One of the convenient ways of travelling is taking Ecological Compound to the plane. You will just need a few layers of it on your skin, that's all you need as it's an all-in-one. I like to have 3 layers on my skin for 8-10 hour long haul flights in general. For my dehydrated normal skin, that's usually enough for me, but you will need a little more if you have very dry skin.
You can always mix it with your favourite face oil or even foundation to make a tinted moisturiser. As you can see, it's very versatile. As it's very soothing, men can even enjoy it as an after-shave, which is another perk. If you like to keep skincare in your household simple, then you can also share it with your family, boyfriend and/or girlfriend whether he/she is 17 or 70. Great product! :)
Where to Buy
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Sisley Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion (First Essence)
- Sisley All Day All Year Essential Anti-Aging Day Care
- La Mer The Hydrating Facial (Sheet mask)
- La Mer The Treatment Lotion & The Concentrate
- Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream (Baby/Eczema/Sensitive Skin)
- Physiogel Daily Moisture Therapy Facial Cream & Lotion (Dry/Sensitive/Eczema/Baby Skin)