I have been organising my beauty cabinet recently and was surprised by how much I have been relying on Sisley's basic skincare range >_< So I thought it might be a good opportunity to talk about the ones that I have been religiously using for the last 6 years or so >_< I have raved about their basic line in the previous post that I wrote. I do use other products from the Sisley skincare range, but this time, I will only talk about their toners and masks to start off with :). So this post is the first part; Sisley Toners (To read about Part two: Sisley Face Masks, click Here) . If you are a fan of light and refreshing toners, Sisley is the way to go. By the way, I do use other toners from other brands, so I do not just use Sisley ones solely >_<.
A. Floral Spray Mist
Very fine spritz. Smells beautiful and very cooling.
The packaging looks quite cheap and not that handy to take outside.
The packaging reminds me of hair spray >_<.
Just simple facial mist for all year around. This is not a heavy duty hydrating/moisturising mist if that's the type you are looking for. Just simple refreshing cooling mist!
For all skin types.
Floral Spray Mist (125ML)
B. Phyto-Blanc Lightening Toning Lotion
To me, personally, I have gone through so many bottles of this. I have no idea whether it does indeed lighten my complexion or correct any sun spots, since I do not have major sun spot issues... so I guess it has been working?
For all skin types.
Phyto-Blanc Lightening Toning Lotion (250ML)
C. Grapefruit Toning Lotion
Although it's called Grapefruit Toning Lotion, I didn't find it to smell much like grapefruit at all. It has more of a generic fresh/summery smell.
I like to use this one during the daytime on days when my skin's a bit more oilier than usual, like during summer or when the weather is quite humid. It has a much more refreshing finish than Lightening Toner (not matte, but more of a light feel to the touch upon application). After you wipe it off it feels very natural, there isn't much of a moist feeling left over like with other toners which is why it's great for oily skin.
For oily/combo skin.
Grapefruit Toning Lotion (250ML)
D. Lotion with Tropical Resins
This is an astringent toner, so it does contain alcohol to certain extent. I use this one when I am on my monthly, and it does seem to keep my skin from getting worse. You can even use it as a local spot treatment, but I tend soak a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face except for around my eyes and lips. It does refreshingly 'matteify' skin like after washing our face with foaming cleanser. The key point is that you do not want to do strong exfoliation before application. Otherwise, you will end up getting dry patches on certain areas over your face or sensitising your skin, which will eventually make things worse O_O.
For oily/problem skin.
Lotion with Tropical Resins (125ML)
E. Floral Toning Lotion
Another refreshing toner from Sisley! Although it says it's for dry/sensitive skin types, I would say it's more suitable for slightly dry/sensitive and even combination/oily skin. Even though it says alcohol free, it contains witch hazel, which potentially acts like a natural astringent, so I can see why it is still a bit drying for me over colder seasons. However, I do enjoy using this to soothe my skin over summer when my skin gets more sensitised and oily. Of course, I would not recommend this to anyone if it's for sunburnt skin :P.
For dry/sensitive skin.
Floral Toning Lotion (250ML)
Where to Buy
- Amazon (Free shipping & discounts)
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
Here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to those toners:
- Sisley Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion
- IOPE Bio Essence Intensive Conditioning (First Essence Lotion)
- La Prairie Cellular Refining Lotion
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care)
- La Mer The Treatment Lotion
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- La Prairie Skin Care Comprehensive Overview
- More posts on La Prairie, Sisley and Intensive Treatments
- Sisley Hydra-Global (Tips / Hydrating Serum)
- Kat Burki Balancing Elixir & Vitamin C Intensive Face Cream
- Sisley Supremÿa at Night / Supremÿa la nuit
- Sisley Face Masks
- Sisley Moisturizer with Cucmber
- Guerlain Super-Aqua Range Review: Lotion/Serums/Moisturisers/Masks
- Omorovicza Toner/Mist & Treatment Masks
- Year-round Skin Care Must Haves for All Skin Types - Part 1: Toner