Although I'm a bit of a luxury skincare person, I always like to check the small beauty section at supermarket whenever I go grocery shopping with my man. Sometimes, you will be able to find a hidden gem in the section without paying hundreds of dollars. And look what I found here! :D
Thesis Raw Cacao Mask Chocolatier's Gift instantly caught my eye from the name actually XD. Haha, I should admit that I love eating chocolates although I don't have them very often. Regardless, do you love the smell of chocolates? Yum.. <3 Trust me, Thesis Raw Cacao Mask Chocolatier's Gift smells just delicious, which makes DIY even more fun! :D
As you might have guessed, yes, it comes in a fine powder, you just need to mix it with water in a 1:1 ratio. It's as simple as that. I always find that 1 tablespoonful of the Thesis Raw Cacao Mask Chocolatier's Gift and another tablespoonful of water gives about a few times worth of usage.
If you want a bit more extra, you can even add a few drops of honey, and you can also replace the water with mineral water or any mist that you enjoy. I personally like to use organic honey and the Evian that I drink everyday. The beauty about this DIY mask is that you can customise not only the ingredients that you put in, but also fine tune the consistency that you want. If you have very sensitive skin, you can add a bit of more water to make it a little more runny.
You apply the paste on clean towel-dried skin with a brush or finger tips, then just leave on for 15-25 min. The best part is that it doesn't dry hard like some of the mud masks on the market. So if you want a gentle deep cleansing mask, I think it's well worth trying. Before rinsing it off, I like to use a rolling motion with my wet finger tips for some gentle exfoliation. The result is smooth, hydrated and glowing skin. I was very impressed even after the first usage. Ever since then, I've been using it whenever my skin feels unbalanced and getting some bizarre breakouts from dehydration. It has been working very well with Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask. It's certainly great for sensitive/dry/dehydrated skin types. I didn't see much sebum control benefits, but I've noticed that my skin seemed to get and feel healthier after using it.
If there's any leftovers after using, then just gladwrap it tight or store in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge. I noticed that it's best used within a few days for freshness. Regardless, it's always fun doing DIY and it's also a good trick to avoid having too much chocolates when you are on your monthly :P. I highly recommend trying Thesis Raw Cacao Mask Chocolatier's Gift! :)
- More posts on Natural / Orgainic Skin care, Suncare and Intensive Treatments
- Chantecaille Flower Harmonizing Cream & Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion
- Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask
- Sisley Face Masks
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care/Ko Hyun-Jung)
- May Lindstrom The Youth Dew Hydrating Facial Serum & The Blue Cocoon Beauty Balm Concentrate
- John Masters Organics Pomegranate Facial Nourishing Oil for Face and Body ( Tips & warnings )
- Caudalie VINOPERFECT Range (Serum / Night Cream / Day Moisturiser / Tinted Moisturiser SPF 20)
- REN Wake Wonderful Night-Time Facial / Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot / Bio Retinoid Anti-Ageing Cream
- Bioeffect 30 Day Treatment & EGF Serum
- Roloxin Lift Instant Skin Smoothing Mask
- GLAMGLOW Mud Masks
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide! La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley (Comparasion)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)