All the products mentioned here have a creamy consistency and give your skin a beautiful dewy glow. I’ve also felt that they provide more and longer lasting hydration than any SPF products on the market. Even so, you can always layer those on top of your regular skin care routine if necessary.
Moisturiser + SPF
Check La Prairie's upgraded Cellular Swiss UV Protection Veil Sunscreen SPF 50 (full review)
La Prairie Sun Protection Emulsion for Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 is basically an affordable and lighter version of their original jar version of La Prairie Cellular Anti-wrinkle Suncream SPF 30. Don’t get fooled when I saw lighter here though, the texture and the finish of it isn’t light at all. It’s comparable to one of the more rich creams on the market. It’s just that their La Prairie Cellular Anti-wrinkle Suncream SPF 30 is ultra rich and hydrating that La Prairie Sun Protection Emulsion for Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 feels relatively lighter.
If you have very dry, dehydrated or mature skin though, you should try my very first sun care crush La Prairie Cellular Anti-wrinkle Suncream SPF 30 from back in 2010! It’s deeply quenching and provides hydration that lasts very long, and it has anti-wrinkle properties too. I also used it around my eyes and it never irritated my eye area, which I loved most about it.
Both of them are based on chemical sun filters, but I’ve found that La Prairie Sun Protection Emulsion for Face Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 doesn’t provide long lasting hydration (only lasted about 5-6 hours if applied once) compared to their La Prairie Cellular Anti-wrinkle Suncream SPF 30 and makes my eyes go watery throughout the day if applied around my eyes. Well, it’s not designed for around mouth and eye areas anyways :P.
They actually have a separate sun stick for those sensitive areas, La Prairie Ultra Protection Sun Stick SPF 40 for Eye/Lip/Nose which is also based on chemical sun filters. If you prefer physical blockers for those areas, I recommend trying out Sisley Super Stick Solaire SPF 30 which is high in zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. Be aware, it doesn’t go as smooth as La Prairie Ultra Protection Sun Stick SPF 40 for Eye/Lip/Nose though.
If you have less dry or dehydrated skin, I also suggest you try out Nia24 Sun Damage Prevention SPF 30 which also has chemical filters. It has a nice creamy texture which glides onto skin beautifully.
Moisturiser + SPF + Make-up Base
Chantecaille Ultra Sun Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 45 Primer (full review) has always been one of my top favourties, and I feel that it will remain so :P. I remember last winter, my sister visited me and saw my skin and asked “Wow what did you do to your skin? Your skin’s glowing! O_O”. As I said before, my sister and I have a bit of age gap, so we hardly talk about beauty products together XD. But yes, that was the initiation of all that beauty talk, which we enjoyed very much :P. Anyway, even after taking a walk with my sister in the harsh windy weather, my skin was still glowing although I had a runny nose :P.
Skin care benefits + SPF + Natural Skin Tone Enhancement
Amore Pacific Sun Protection Cushion Broad Spectrum SPF 30+ (Enhancing natural skin tone without any coverage)
Laneige BB Cushion & Amore Pacific Color Control Cushion Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ (Light to medium buildable coverage)
The products shown above won’t be really able to replace your regular moisturisers. They will just provide you an extra hydration with a bit of skin tone evening. If your skin gets hot easily, they will be excellent company for cooling down the temperature of your skin. They are very easy to carry and touch up your face with throughout the day, leaving your skin glowy without white a cast on your skin although they are based on physical sun filters. They are not really a make-up product, so you might need a concealer if you need an extra coverage. You can use them as a make-up base under your usual foundation if you want since they go on really liquidy light. However, as I said they are physical blockers, so you should know that you are losing some sun protection to a certain extent by doing so.
Where to Buy
Here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to those suncare products:
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Transforming Cream Sunscreen SPF 30
- Estée Lauder Double Wear Cushion BB SPF 50
- Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation Cushion Compact SPF 35 VS Dior Capture Totale Dream Skin Perfect Skin Cushion SPF 50
- Laneige / Amore Pacific CC Cushion & Amore Pacific The Resort Collection - Sun Protection Cushion / Stick / Mist
- DIORSNOW Bloom Perfect Brightening Perfect Moist Cushion SPF 50 by Dior
- Chanel CC Cream SPF 50
- La Prairie Day Creams & Emulsions with SPF (Anti-Aging / Radiance / Swiss Ice Crystal)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on Suncare, La Prairie, Sisley and Intensive Treatments
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
- John Masters Organics Pomegranate Facial Nourishing Oil for Face and Body
- SISLEY Super Soin Solaire Youth Protector SPF 50 vs LA MER The SPF 50 UV Protecting Fluid (Blanc de La Mer)
- Chanel UV Essentiel Soin Quotidien Multi-Protection Daily Defender UV-Pollution SPF 50+
- Sisley Face Masks
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss UV Protection Veil Sunscreen SPF 50
- Sisley Sunleÿa Age Minimizing After-sun Care
- My favourite Suncare / Make-up products for Spring and Summer