When my mum was visiting here, her biggest concern was that she didn't want her hair to look to gray by the time she went back home. This is very understandable since she's 60 and root touch-up has become part of her monthly routine. To be honest, she never tried those hair dying kits from western brands before as she has been just using Korean ones that are readily available there. Anyway, I dyed my hair into dark brown with Clairol Natural Instincts Creama Keratina Hair Color Kit before, and I personally liked the result so I decided to try Clairol's new Permanent root touch-up kit on my mum. The kit comes with a very handy brush which allows you to easily spread the paste evenly.
Due to the nature of gray hair, I highly recommend getting someone to do the spreading part for you, not just because you don't want to miss any gray area on your head, but also you can minimise the chance of irritation or dying your scalp. I also suggest wearing old dark coloured clothes on top mainly because there could be a small mess if you don't pay attention. If your gray hair tends to be quite localised along the hair line, it's best to apply vaseline or any thick moisturiser on skin around the area before root touching up to prevent from colouring.
Overall, Clairol Permanent root touch-up kit is very easy to use and fast-acting, delivering fool-proof results. The result lasted for about 3 to 4 weeks for my mum's typical Asian hair, but it can vary depending on how fast your gray hair grows. If you have longer gray hair though (1+ inch all over the head), you may need more than a kit as I found that the amount isn't much. My mum was very pleased with the outcome, and she would definitely use again when she visits next year :).
Where to buy
- 7 Luxury Beauty Tools that Boost Efficacy of Your Skincare & Make-up (My Beauty Secrets/ Gift Ideas)
- World's Most Expensive Skincare/ My 10+Years with Best Luxury Beauty (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- High-end Hydrating Serums (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- Luxury Skincare Guide-Part 1 (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley VS Guerlain)
- Luxury Skincare Guide-Part 2 (Chanel vs Estée Lauder vs Dior vs Chantecaille)