To be honest, I'm not a massive fan of Canada Goose parkas just for two reasons; they look a bit tacky and somewhat casual too. So I prefer to buy parkas from Moncler, and this is the first time that I've got a piece of clothing from Canada Goose.
But I have to say, this Cortina Fur Hood Parka (USD 1900+) is just what I wanted! A nice addition to the closet!
The shell is made of wool, but the finish is different from what is normally on the market. I could feel the finish was pretty "high tech" (LOL YES, I love super tech stuff! XD); when I first touched it, I could feel that it won't peel off easily, it feels quite durable is probably the reason why it's waterproof and windproof. And of course the most important thing, it won't make annoying sounds when you move your arm around, which you normally get from other parkas. It also includes two outer pockets and one hidden pocket all with zippers.
The leather trim and zippers are of consistent across the coat, the zipper isn't made of some sort of paint coated metal, which chips off as it ages. The zipper almost feels like some kind of durable hard plastic which gives a matte look and feel. The leather feels pretty resilient too, I don't see it wearing off easily.
You can also adjust and detach the hood and also detach the coyote fur hood lining, which is another bonus. The parka has subtle shoulder patches, which gives it a hint of a trench coat feel. It's lined, so it won't make you look square or bulky, which is very important to me at least XD. And it's a vibrant lipstick red colour, which brightens up my face a bit since I don't really put much make-up on.
Overall, the parka's something that I never expected from Canada Goose. The style is neither too formal, nor too casual, making it very versatile and appropriate for many many occasions. I am indeed very content with the purchase! :D
Cortina Fur-Hood Parka, Red
- Two-layer waterproof, windproof puffer jacket with Loro Piana Storm System® finish by Canada Goose; leather trim.
- 675 fill power Hutterite® white goose down.
- Approx. 31"L from center back to hem.
- TEI score of 3; comfortably endures temperatures of 5 to -5 degrees Celsius (41 to 23 degrees Fahrenheit.)
- Drawstring hood with removable dyed coyote (Canada) fur ruff; two-way YKK® zip front.
- Cashmere-blended collar.
- Long sleeves with ribbed knit cuffs.
- Tricot-lined front zip pockets with tricot lining; interior security pocket.
- Slim, insulated fit.
- Belted waist.
- Hem hits mid-thigh.
- Virgin wool; polyester lining; dry clean.
- Made in Canada.