I've been using Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment for a few months now, and I think it's great for those looking for an alternative to Retin-A. It isn't as strong as those prescribed ones (Retin-A/ Tretinoin), but it's effective and gentle enough to see improvements overtime with a regular usage.
Scent & Consistency
Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment is lightly floral scented, and it has a fast-absorbing creamy consistency.
The texture isn't heavy at all, and it's more like a lightweight cream leaning more towards dense emulsion.
There's no greasy feel to the cream, and it spreads very easily so you won't need much at all. One tube lasts quite a while if you just use it locally, and I'm still going through my first tube.
Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment has a smooth finish, so you won't have any problem with following with moisturisers with different formulations.
Treat your skin to the renewing strength of Retinol and reveal a noticeably smoother, more even-toned look.
Estée Lauder Research brings you a patented, modern retexturizing formula: high-grade pure Retinol, blended into a stabilized delivery system to time-release its power over an extended period. This creates an optimum balance of potency and comfort for proven effects, at home.
- Renews Immediately for a more radiant look and softer feel. Starts to accelerate skin's natural cell turnover from Day 1 for a smoother texture.
- Diminishes the Look of Wrinkles, reducing the appearance of fine lines and even deeper wrinkles. Reveals a newly smooth, soft, supple texture.
- Evens Skintone and Spots visibly and significantly: In only 28 days, the look of uneven skintone is improved. With continued use, it even reduces the look of dark spots.
- Non-acnegenic (won't clog pores)
Women loved it:
- 91% said their skin felt instantly softer*
- 87% said their skin looked more even-toned in just 4 weeks*
The longer you use it, the more flawless your skin will look. Also includes anti-oxidants, plumping Hyaluronic Acid and collagen amplifiers.
*Consumer testing on 111 women.
Massage a pea-sized amount over clean, dry skin at night before moisturizer.
Avoid eye area.
Use sunscreen and limit sun exposure while using and the week after.
Limit initial use to every other night for the first two weeks, and then gradually increase to nightly usage.
Water\Aqua\Eau , Caprylyl Methicone , Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride , Dimethicone , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , Glycerin , Stearyl Dimethicone , Cetearyl Alcohol , Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil , Butylene Glycol , Peg-12 Dimethicone/Ppg-20 Crosspolymer , Arachidyl Alcohol , Algae Extract , Cetearyl Olivate , Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil , Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul'S Wort) Extract , Retinol , Whey Protein\Lactis Protein\Proteine Du Petit-Lait , Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract , Caffeine , Gelidiella Acerosa Extract , Cholesterol , Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 , Hydrolyzed Rice Extract , Sorbitan Oleate , Behenyl Alcohol , Octadecene , Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait De Levure , Tocopheryl Acetate , Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer , Arachidyl Glucoside , Caprylyl Glycol , Hydroxyethylcellulose , Tocopherol , Ascorbic Acid , Sodium Hyaluronate , Silica , Polysorbate 60 , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance (Parfum) , Sodium Hydroxide , Sodium Bisulfite , Disodium Edta , Bht , Sorbic Acid , Potassium Sorbate , Phenoxyethanol
I have been using Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment differently; by itself, layering with other products topically and also mixing into other products. I have been pretty impressed with the outcome so far, and I feel that Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment might be one of the effective over the counter retinol treatment in the luxury skincare market. I love the fact that it's versatile as my experiments went well. Here are some of the tips that I can share with you based on my personal experience;
- Nighttime Weekend treatment: Apply Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment all over face (avoid eye area) thinly after using a toner. Wait a couple of minutes, then follow with a hydrating moisturiser.
- Nighttime Breakout/PMS treatment: If your skin tends to get very sensitive during your monthly, I suggest you to mix Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment (1) into a simple moisturiser like CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion (2) in 1:2 ratio. Then, apply to face and neck. This is a good S.O.S treatment to prevent breakouts and heal existing spots without aggravating skin.
- Nighttime Spot treatment: If you are already dedicated to a firming/lifting skincare regime, and you don't want to make a change in your routine, I suggest you to use Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment locally just on the concerned areas including little bumps and discoloured areas. This is a great way to prevent future unwanted discolourations, but you need to also remember that it's not a laser treatment, so it won't get rid of existing dark spots for example. Personally, it seems to work better for pimple related spots.
It's important to keep in mind that there should be no rush when you are on Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment. When you start rushing to see results as soon as possible, that's when unwanted things might happen, ie. skin sensitivity. I suggest you to go easy with any skin exfoliating treatments, so I wouldn't layer exfoliating products at all as it will give a reverse effect. This includes cleansers, toners, serums etc.
And the essential part to remember is that you need to put on sunscreen religiously every day, which applies to the same for those who are actually on a prescribed Retin-A/ Tretinoin treatment and/or have any resurfacing treatment done to skin. And if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, I would just wait until you are free from those just to be safe as the treatment contains retinol. Nevertheless, I'm glad that I finally wrote a post about Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Renewal Retinol Treatment, and it took me a bit longer than usual as I tend to be test thoroughly before writing about any retinol related products. Thank you for your patience, and I hope you all found this post helpful😊.
Where to buy
- Estée Lauder Perfectionist Pro Rapid Firm + Lift Treatment with Acetyl Hexapeptide-8 (Serum)
- Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Intense Reset Concentrate (vs La Mer The Regenerating Serum)
- Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Floralixir™ Dew Regenerating Water
- Estée Lauder Swiss Performing Extract Emulsion