There are different dermatologist skincare lines out there, and it's true that not all MD brands brings the same results as they each tend to carry their own skincare philosophy. Naturally, there have been some MD skincare brands that have worked well on my skin such as Macrene Actives, 111Skin and Goldfaden MD, whereas some didn't. To be honest, I wasn't very sure about Lancer skincare initially as it seemed a bit too endorsed on social media by celebrities, and 3 step skincare felt a little too boring to me as I'm always in search of trying something different due to the nature of this website.
Nevertheless, Lancer skincare samples are piling up in my bathroom drawer, so I've been going through them heavily one by one, and I actually quite like their products as none of them irritated my skin at all.
Scent & Consistency
Lancer Intensive Night Treatment doesn't have any particularly recognisable scent, I would just say that it smells of nothing. It has a dense cushiony cream like a texture, but when you initially scoop it out, it doesn't feel that heavy at all.
However, once you start massaging it into skin, you will notice that it instantly almost melts into skin. It doesn't melt like heavy oily balm, but it rather gives an oil-infused look and finish, which heavily reminded me of one of my favourite creams, Chanel Sublimage La Crème Texture Suprême.
It spreads and goes onto skin very smooth so you just need a small amount to start with, and then gradually build up. Skin feels nurtured and glows upon application.
Water (Aqua), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Squalane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sorbitan Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Tropaeolum Majus Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Extract, Yeast Amino Acids, Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil, Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil, Hexapeptide-48 HCl, Taurine, Trehalose, Urea, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Raspberry Seed Oil / Tocopheryl Succinate Aminopropanediol Esters, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Sodium Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Stearate, Betaine, Inositol, Disodium EDTA, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional
This luxurious anti-aging cream is formulated with skin beneficial hydrating agents including Hylaplex® and marula oil which provide a moisture barrier, helping skin retain healthy hydration for a smoother, plumper appearance and renewed radiance.
- Hylaplex™ – combines a novel, cross-linked form of hyaluronic acid with peptides and phytocompounds; helping to plump skin’s appearance and providing long-lasting moisturization
- Marula Oil – nourishes skin with high levels of essential fatty acids
- Bio-engineered Soybean Extract - reduces skin flakiness by bolstering moisture
In an independent consumer research study:
After one use:
- 91% agreed that their skin felt softer
- 94% agreed that their skin felt hydrated
- 94% agreed that their skin felt nourished and moisturized
- 91% agreed that their dry skin felt replenished
After 7 days:
- 100% agreed that their skin felt softer
- 100% agreed that their skin felt hydrated
- 100% agreed that their skin felt nourished and moisturized
- 100% agreed that their dry skin felt replenished
- 100% agreed that their skin looked and felt smoother
Whether you have dry skin or live in a harsh cold climate, Lancer Intensive Night Treatment will meet your needs in terms of long-lasting hydration. It also helps skin restore its youth by volumising, which is also great for preventing unwanted wrinkles due to dryness. Night after night, I've noticed that the texture of my skin feels healthier and more supple upon washing my face in the morning.
The best part for me is that I don't need to layer any face oil afterwards, so it always turns out to be convenient and economical in the long run. Based on my experience, the result that the cream brings is very similar to what an overnight rejuvenating mask does, so I can see why it's named Intensive Night Treatment.
The result is pretty similar to Chanel Sublimage rich cream, the difference is that the Chanel one feels a lot more sophisticated and delicate in terms of the texture and scent. I would say that the Chanel cream has a better hydration longevity than Lancer's, but Lancer Intensive Night Treatment will be a good alternative to those whose skin tends to be more sensitive.
If your skin is constantly exposed to dryness such as indoor heating, A/C or even frequent travelling, I suggest you to try Lancer Intensive Night Treatment as it's one of the rare creams that does offer long-lasting hydration. Nevertheless, both the Lancer and Chanel creams work great to combat dryness.
Where to buy
- Lookfantastic (Worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- SkinStore (Worldwide shsipping & discounts)
- Macrene Actives High Performance Anti-Aging Cream & EXTRA RICH Cream / Neck And Décolletage Treatment / Anti-Aging Cleansing Treatment
- Macrene Actives High Performance Anti-Aging and Filler Lip Treatment
- Chanel Sublimage Moisturisers (L'Extrait de Crème/ La Crème/ Texture Suprême/Fine/ Fluide)
- Chanel La Solution 10 de Chanel
- La Mer The Hydrating Facial (Sheet mask)