Initially, I wasn't sure about trying Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil despite my love for their Black Rose products as my skin doesn't usually get along well with rose face oils due to its potency. However, I have gone through different testing periods on and off, and I can confirm that Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil doesn't irritate my skin. I don't even get the usual headache that I tend to get from other rose face oil based products, which is major for me.
In fact, it's squalane (olive fruit oil) based, so I can see why it didn't even sting around my eye area. It also has a very subtle rose scent, and the hue's mild enough that it doesn't make me feel nauseous.
Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil has a runny lightweight texture, and it gives a second skin-like feel to skin. It feels very natural as in a natural oil that skin naturally generates.
It doesn't feel sticky, rather it spreads very easily and penetrates into skin fast. It feels delicate, and the glow that you get is quite subtle too.
Black Rose Precious Face Oil is Sisley’s first skin care oil for dry or mature skin. With a high concentration of powerful ingredients, this silky-smooth dry oil prepares, nourishes and has an anti-aging effect:
- Rich in omega 3 and 6, (Plum oil & Camelina Oil) it prepares the skin to receive its daily skin care.
- With its powerful blend of plant-based ingredients that nourish and protect (Padina pavonica, Unsaponifiables of Avocado and natural Tocopherols), this oil provides the essential elements for the skin’s vitality and youthfulness.
- Black Rose extract lies at the heart of the formula and lends a wonderful silky softness. It is combined with essential oils of Bulgarian Rose and Magnolia (toning & soothing) for a delicious awakening of the senses.
Visibly smooths wrinkles and fine lines, and revitalizes the skin for a radiant complexion.
- Camelina oil (rich in omega 3 and 6): nourishes, soothes
- Phytosqualane: nourishes, moisturizes
- Avocado unsaponifiables: Padina pavonica
- Black Rose extract: softens
- Bulgarian Rose essential oil: tones
- Magnolia (essential oil): soothes
- Geranium (essential oil): purifies
Immediately, lines appear smoothed, the skin is intensely nourished, supple and soft. All day long, the skin is moisturized and comfortable, without a shiny effect. After weeks, wrinkles and fine lines appear visibly reduced. The skin appears more full, toned and revitalized. The complexion is radiant.
Apply three to seven drops in the morning and/or evening on clean skin, face and neck, avoiding the area around the eyes. May be used by itself or before your daily skin care to better prepare the skin to receive its benefits.
SQUALANE, PRUNUS DOMESTICA SEED EXTRACT, CAMELINA SATIVA SEED OIL, PERSEA GRATISSIMA (AVOCADO) OIL UNSAPONIFIABLES, TOCOPHEROL, PADINA PAVONICA THALLUS EXTRACT, ROSE EXTRACT, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS OIL, MICHELIA ALBA LEAF OIL, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER OIL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, HYDROGENATED SOYBEAN OIL, LINALOOL, CITRONELLOL, GERANIOL, CITRAL, LIMONENE, EUGENOL. IL#1A
Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil is one of few face oils that I can use without worrying about breakouts during my cycle and my long haul flight to Australia (20+ hours for each way). It does contain some essential oils, but I wouldn't say that it's anything major as I haven't got any skin irritation or biological reaction to it. I have been also using it around the eye area and on the face to give myself a nightly face massage, and it does seem to deliver some firming and plumping benefits. It is certainly a good complementary product to any hydration/anti-aging skincare regime. I've use it with their Sisleÿa l’Intégral Anti-Age Anti-Wrinkle Concentrated Serum, and I've seen improvement in skin texture and resilience.
Lately, I've been gardening outside for longer hours, and I've been using it as more like an S.O.S treatment to soothe my skin without sacrificing any anti-aging skincare routine that I've been carrying. In comparison to La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil, I find Sisley one being more gentle and less dense. Even Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil's scent is much more subtle and better to use around the delicate eye area than the La Prairie one. However, La Prairie face oil may work better if you have mature and dry skin, and you are looking for something to either mix into your moisturiser or use directly after cleansing. In terms of soothing and calming, Sisley Black Rose Precious Face Oil wins nonetheless.
Where to buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Sisley Black Rose Skin Infusion Cream (Plumping & Radiance)
- Sisley Face Masks
- Sisley Sisleÿa L'Integral Anti-Age cream
- La Mer The Replenishing Oil Exfoliator
- La Mer The Renewal Oil