If you are passionate about beauty and even celebrity skincare, then you may heard of the Chanel Hydra Beauty range which is one of the cult classics in their skincare range. At least in Korea, Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist is rather known as a skincare secret for one of the top Korean actresses Song Hye Kyo who also happens to be a face of Laneige for many years. There has also been a rumor that she purchases 10 bottles of the mist whenever she stops by. Nevertheless, the Hydra Beauty mist has been around for a long time, and my sister and I have been enjoying it for years. It's true that it's one of the few high-end mists that I keep re-purchasing.
Scent & Consistency
Hydra Beauty Essence Mist isn't fragrance free, which isn't very surprising for Chanel skincare anyway. Although it's quite perfumey, I find it relatively more pleasant when compared to their other products in the same line.
It comes in a spray can bottle, and I know, it doesn't feel as classy compared to their new Sublimage mist. However, it's still very light and easy to carry in a handbag as it's still pretty small (1.7oz).
It's cooling, yet it hydrates and relieves dryness without making skin feel dry shortly after unlike some of the mists on the market which rather sit on top of skin. The spray is long ranged and comes out quite broad, so you won't need to spray much.
A luxurious, lightweight spray for all skin types that hydrates with a fresh, cool and comforting mist of enriched moisture.
Empowered with moisturizing Camellia Alba PFA* and anti-oxidant Blue Ginger PFA, HYDRA BEAUTY ESSENCE MIST energizes and enhances skin’s radiance. Vitamin C and E — along with Hyaluronic Acid — helps the formula deliver hydrating action that restores and ultimately sustains skin at its most optimal state.
*PFA: Polyfractioned Active. An ultra-pure, ultra-powerful ingredient created through exclusive patented Chanel technology
Chanel Hydra Beauty Essence Mist comes out of the spray bottle very fine, so it won't mess your make-up throughout the day. If you have oily skin, you could just use the mist as a toner and essence in one before sunscreen as the mist already gives enough hydration compared to other mists on the market. It's also a must-have in a gym bag as I like to spray onto skin shortly after wiping off sweat. It feels refreshing and it has been working even better after lunch when I tend to feel a bit down. I wouldn't say that you should definitely buy the mist mainly due to the price tag, but if you enjoy something decadent, then I would recommend as long as you don't mind the scent :).
Where to buy
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- High-end Hydrating Serums (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- Chanel Sublimage La Brume (Mist)
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Creme & Micro Serum
- Kat Burki Balancing Elixir & Vitamin C Intensive Face Cream
- World's Most Expensive Skincare/ My 10+Years with Best Luxury Beauty (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley VS Guerlain)