Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action has a signature Cellcosmet floral scent, which some may find a bit mature but I have personally been finding it quite mind-awakening and therapeutic, especially when used in the evening.
Although it says it's a cream type, I would say that the texture is closer to a creamy emulsion without an abrasive feel to skin.
Silky smooth cream enriched with 100% biodegradable plant microspheres (Source)
It spreads very easily and goes on fine, so you need a small amount to cover your entire face and neck. There are very fine tiny exfoliants that you can feel as you apply it, but it's quite gentle on your skin, which is why I like the exfoliant as it doesn't aggravate my skin even when my skin tends to be more sensitive during my cycle. Having said that, it may still be a bit too much for those with fragile and extremely sensitive skin.
Skin feels velvety soft and smooth without any oily residue. There isn't much of an instant brightening effect, but skin looks and feels rather clean and neat with a very subtle glow.
A two-stage action
- Gently accelerates the natural desquamation of the skin’s keratinised cells
- Unblocks pores from accumulated impurities
- Eliminates blackheads from the surface
- Refines skin’s texture through the exfoliating action of spherical micropolymers
- Eliminates dead skin cells
- Brightens a dull complexion
Its added value
- The pleasant silky smooth texture of the cream coats the 100% biodegradable, environmentally-friendly, plant microspheres in such a way as to provide gentle yet highly effective exfoliation.
- Smoother, cleaner and softer skin
- A more radiant complexion
- Tightened pores
- A skin more receptive to Cellcosmet cosmeceuticals
- Jojoba and Cellulose Microspheres: Cleansing, exfoliating and gentle polishing action
- An Enzymatic Exfoliating Complex derived from extract of hibiscus and natural protease: Gently accelerates the skin’s natural shedding process
- Extract of Larch: Strengthens the enzymatic exfoliating action
Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action seems to be a great companion to their revitalizing masks as I've noticed that I get better results when used together. I don't normally exfoliate skin frequently as I found that over exfoliation sensitises and imbalances my skin. However, Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action is an exception as it's quite mild. Though, I wouldn't recommend anyone with fragile skin using it frequently. My pores are clear, but I don't think that the exfoliant cream gets rid of whiteheads that effectively by itself as it isn't a mud mask. Speaking of pores, it doesn't shrink already enlarged pores like magic as it isn't a medical resurfacing machine. At least, I haven't had any problems with clogged pores, and my foundations and tinted moisturisers goes onto skin very smooth. Whether you are looking for an non-abrasive exfoliant during your regular spa visits, or just for self-indulgent home spa ritual, Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action will work great.
Where to buy
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
comments powered by Disqus
- Cellcosmet Precious Mask (Radiance Revealer Harmonising Cream-Gel Mask)
- Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask
- Luxury Skincare Guide-Part 1 (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley VS Guerlain)
- Luxury Skincare Guide-Part 2 (Chanel vs Estée Lauder vs Dior vs Chantecaille)
- World's Most Expensive Skincare/ My 10+Years with Best Luxury Beauty (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- 7 Luxury Beauty Tools that Boost Efficacy of Your Skincare & Make-up (My Beauty Secrets/ Gift Ideas)