I was first introduced to Cellcosmet Precious Mask a couple of years ago when my sister took me to the spa where she had been enjoying getting her regular facials. Before starting my review, I need to clarify the true identity of the mask. Unlike the misleading adjective that the company uses on the mask, precious, the mask is basically an essential step in skincare from my interpretation as a user. So there's nothing really precious or big about the mask as I just use it as a deep cleasing treatment mask.
If you are a Cellcomet user, it won't be a big surprise, but I can imagine that many people may not like the scent. Cellcosmet Precious Mask has a typical powdery floral scent, which smells quite mature. It can be off-putting to some people as it's very recognisable that my man instantly notices when I use the mask and he simply hates it :3. Haha. It does contain artificial perfume, but it hasn't given me any sensitivity or irritation unlike some of the essential oil scents that the majority of natural products like to carry. My mother who's almost 60 personally finds the scent way too overpowering and she called it old-fashioned >_<. It certainly smells stronger than Chanel skincare products if that gives you a better idea.
- Synergic complex of Precious Earth (white, pink, green and red clays)
- relaxing, softening, soothing, purifying, matifiying, detoxifying, oxygenating, reinvigorating, activates micro-circulation of blood in the skin
- Kombucha (long-life mushroom)
- provides an incomparably radiant complexion straightaway, refines the skin texture for a more uniform complexion, anti-glycation effect = anti-ageing effect, smoothes the skin surface
- Complex based on Bigarade orange blossom petals
- Witch Hazel water
- astringent, reduces pore size
- Edelweiss extract (downy white flower called "Alpine everlasting flower")
- anti-ageing, protective
- Antioxidant E + C + F Vitamin Complex
- anti-free radicals
- Regenerating and soothing phyto-sensorial complex
- calms the feeling of skin irritation, reduces redness, stimulates the production of B-endorphins known as "hormones of happiness"
- Annato oil
- protects and softens the skin
Like its claim, it's in a gel cream texture, but not bouncy like some of the leave-on overnight gel cream masks on the market. Due to the nature of the deep cleansing mask, it does contain clay, and it gives the mask a bit more density. Unlike some of the clay masks on the market, it spreads very easily without feeling chalky. And it feels more hydrating and way less drying than those masks that you can normally get.
There's no uncomfortable tightness once it's dried, and it's very easy to take off with a warm face cloth. As it's brown coloured, I highly recommend you to use a dark coloured cloth to take off as it leaves stains on your squeaky clean white face cloth, which can be very hard to take off. I don't suggest washing off the mask with using only hands and water as it won't take off as fast and prolonged rubbing can sensitise skin.
Rather than feeling matte and dry that you normally get from the ordinary clay masks, Cellcosmet Precious Mask kind of feels more nurtured and clean. It gives a subtle glow in spite of the nature of the mask, which I love the most about.
- Clarifies and harmonises a lacklustre, dull complexion
- Promotes skin regeneration
- Smoothes the skin surface to allow a better light reflection
- Erases fatigue marks
- Radiance immediately visible
- Immediately soothes reactive and sensitised skin
- Maintains natural skin hydration* at optimum levels
- Neutralises the effects of free radicals
- Redefines the facial features
- Gives the facial skin tissues back their attractive volume
- Reduces the signs of skin ageing
Its added value
- An original association of active ingredients for a double effect
- radiance revealing and anti-ageing densifying
- Dermatologically tested
- A harmonious, fresh, visibly radiant complexion
- Refined skin texture and smooth skin
- Redefined facial features
- Redensified tissue
Although I've been using it over the past few years, I cannot speak for its anti-aging benefits as the mask is after all an enhanced version of a deep cleansing mask. Speaking of which, most of the luxury skincare brands do add extra benefits to every product that they sell since that's what makes them stand out amongst the competitors. However, I can say that the mask is gentle and it somewhat detoxifies skin that it doesn't aggravate my skin even during my cycle.
- As an intensive cure, for a healthy-looking complexion: 3 times a week for 1 month
- Throughout the year: once or twice a week, depending on the needs of the skin
However, it doesn't mean that it's effective on hormonal breakouts as I still get one or two little bumps. Like all other clay masks are supposed to do, Cellcosmet Precious Mask helps controlling those bumps to not get too big, but the oil absorbing power is lower as it's in a more moisturising formula. Nevertheless, it has been working well for me all year around, but I won't deny the fact that it could be an extravagant choice to some of you. However, if you are someone who's looking for a luxury gentle clay mask, Cellcosmet Precious Mask will work just fine as long as you don't mind the strong mature scent.
Where to buy
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
comments powered by Disqus
- Cellcosmet CellLift Cream (VS Crème de La Mer/ Hormonal Aging/ Menopause)
- Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask
- African Botanics Mineral Cleansing Mask
- Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action (Smooth Exfoliant Cream)
- La Mer Treatment Masks (The Lifting and Firming/ The Brilliance Brightening/ The Hydrating Facial/ The Intensive Revitalizing Mask)
- Sisley Face Masks