I've noticed an increasing number of people talking about "anti-aging" skin care for the last few years, regardless of the age. It seems to me that it's just nothing but a popular trend among consumers and companies. But in fact, if we think about what real "anti-aging" skin care is, it's just a balance between inner and outer beauty. Meaning, you can't simply just pile on expensive products without a healthy life style and expect that you can delay aging of your skin.
Gustav Klimt < Adele Bloch-Bauer I >
Regardless, the most basic anti-aging skin care is in hydration and sun protection. I'm quite certain that most people know about this, but there is something else that you should know. If your skin goes past a certain point and you can't possibly reverse your skin dramatically with over-the-counter products, you should see your dermatologist and discuss options. If you have done any dermatological procedures and want to maintain your skin or your skin hasn't shown any signs of aging, then just focus on hydration. If you are in none of these categories ie. just minor aging, then you can improve your skin through anti-aging treatments and hydration.
- High-end Hydrating Serums (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- Luxury Skincare Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- World's Most Expensive Skincare/ My 10+Years with Best Luxury Beauty (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- Luxury Suncare (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
So it seems to be pretty clear now that we need at least one hydrating cream in our bathroom cabinet. Now the question is, how do you find the hydrating cream that is right for you?
I'm not going to discuss different ingredients here since there are so many out there already that you can search from. I will specifically talk about the different hydrating moisturisers from various luxury skin care brands. Because,
- there are not many thorough reviews on expensive brands,
- I don't like to write posts based on current trends,
- as years go by, I've found that over-the-counter service hasn't been as helpful or informative as it should have been,
- My family and I have been using luxury skin care brands for many years (myself since I was 17), so I can guide you on what is good for different age groups and skin types based on our collective experiences.
I'm not trying to say that luxury skin care brands are the best in all situations, I just want to share my experiences with them, as usual :)
Below is a comparison table, click the links in the table headers for reviews of each brand.
|Guerlain Super Aqua||La Mer||La Prairie||Sisley|
|Day Gel||Day Cream||Night Balm||Creme de La Mer||Moist. Soft Cream||Moist. Lotion||Moist. Matte Lotion||Moist. Gel Cream||Time Release Moist.||Moist. with Cucumber|
|Face & Neck||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|Skin Types||Normal to oily||Dry to normal||Dry to combo||Dry to sensitive||Normal to dry combo||Normal to combo||Oily||Normal to oily||All except oily/acne prone||All except oily/acne prone|
|Weather||All||All||All||All except hot & humid||All except humid||All||All||All||All except hot & humid||All except humid|
|Flight safe (out of 5)||3||4||4||5||3||3||2||2||5||2|
|Texture||Light gel||Cream||Thick cream||Thick balm cream||Cream||In between cream & thick emulsion||Emulsion||Gel||Whipped cream||Light cream|
|Price (excl. tax)||$135||$135||$155||$310||$310||$260||$260||$310||$200||$175|
|Full review||Full review||Full review||Full review|
Where to Buy
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Sisley Black Rose Skin Infusion Cream (Plumping & Radiance)
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Creme & Micro Serum
- Sisley Ecological Compound (Emulsion Ecologique)
- Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Creme
- Kahina Giving Beauty Prickly Pear Seed Oil (Dry/ Senstive/ Eczema Skin)
- Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream (Baby/Eczema/Sensitive Skin)
- Physiogel Daily Moisture Therapy Facial Cream & Lotion (Dry/Sensitive/Eczema/Baby Skin)