Although La Prairie Cellular Hydrating Serum has been around for many years, it never really received the proper spotlight because of their popular Skin Caviar collection.
However, the hydrating serum has been a steady seller as people keep coming back after trying it. How do we know? Because the company hasn't discontinued it yet :P. That means the serum makes enough sales not to get discontinued as the company is known for a quick change -_-. Well, I really hope that they won't discontinue the hydrating serum as my sister and I both love it <3.
Scent & Consistency
La Prairie Cellular Hydrating Serum has a typical La Prairie scent, which is subtle. It isn't runny, but it has a quite nice gel serum texture.
It weightlessly absorbs into skin very fast and leaves skin very smooth upon touch. The beauty about the serum is that you only need a small amount as it spreads very easily.
Having said that, if you put too much or if you apply on top of other serum that you use, then there can be a bit of stickiness. It isn't at the degree of worrying about it though. I would say that the chance of this happening is pretty low.
- multi-humectant complex including sodium hyaluronate, helps attract and bind moisture to the skin for immediate and long-lasting hydration
- triple-action hydrating formula improves and intensifies the hydrating benefits of any moisturizer used with it
Moisture Barrier Building
- essential fatty acids (linoleic acid, ceramide 3, cholesterol) strengthen moisture barrier to reduce trans-epidermal water loss
- carefully-selected anti-oxidants provide powerful protection against the drying and aging effects of the environment
- chamomile and hops extracts give soothing protection from irritation
Upon application, it gives an instant glow and it's buildable, so you can apply a bit more on the areas where your skin tends to get drier throughout the day. Although it leaves skin silky smooth, it doesn't seem to get along very well with mattifying products. Unless you want caked skin, I highly recommend you avoid using any mattifying moisturisers or primers after the serum application.
Nevertheless, it's a fool-proof hydrating serum that works great even in dry cabin air. It isn't too light or too heavy so you can keep it in your beauty cabinet all year round. If you want a super long-lasting hydration barrier, whether it's for winter sports or harsh cold weather, then I highly recommend you try either their Cellular Time Release Moisturiser (full review) or La Mer moisturiser (full review) on top of the serum.
Personally, I have developed my own way of using the serum over the years. I like to keep the Cellular Hydrating Serum in the fridge and use it as a cooling gel serum. It works great with gentle massaging especially in the morning or in hot and humid weather as it helps with blood circulation to reduce puffiness and combat dullness. Most of all, it just feels great! >_<
As for those with dry skin, you can actually use La Prairie Cellular Hydrating Serum as a boosting serum right after washing your face and continue your normal skincare regime. I found that the regime noticeably gave me a healthy glow back along with longer lasting hydration.
Where to Buy
- COSME-DE Free worldwide shipping & discounts
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
comments powered by Disqus