If you've been following my blog for a while you probably know that I've been using La Prairie for the last 8 years. Oh, no! Already 8 years! >_< Now I feel old. I've used almost all of them except for the very rich products and I've seen a lot of products come and go within the range. In fact, there were times when my favourites were discontinued and I had to go through the hassle of looking for alternatives. My past favourites include:
- Nurturing cream
- Marine Biology cream (without SPF)
- Time Release moisturiser (in a pump)
- Whitening mask (in a jar)
- Whitening Repairing emulsion
- Eye wrinkle filler
- Caviar Luxe body emulsion - my last one in my bathroom cabinet! :(
- Resurfacing cream
My family and I have been VIP clients for the last 8 years, I always thought it would be very nice if they could let me know beforehand which ones would be discontinued in the future... which hasn't really happen sadly. So unfortunately I couldn't stock up on them before they got discontinued -_- LAME! -_-
Anyways, here I am with two great products from La Prairie today; Cellular Eye Contour cream and Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive. And they haven't been discontinued yet, yaaaaaaay! They Better not! :D LOL.
As you know, La Prairie is known for long names, I guess that's true for all luxury skin care brands though :P. So yes, I will just call Cellular Eye Contour cream a hydrating eye cream and Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive a hydrating cream for now if you don't mind! :P That's what I call them in real life too! :)
Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive
- triple-emulsion formula, a water-oil-water technology, offers the rich luxury of an oil-based cream with the light comfortable texture of a water-based emulsion
- formula triples the amount of moisture in the skin
- biotin and citric acid which help produce skin lipids that retain skin’s natural moisture
Restoring / Refining
- lactic acid gently exfoliates allowing the skin to accept more moisture, and smooths the skin’s surface diminishing the appearance of fine, dry skin lines
- vitamin E and amino acid complex helps improve firmness and elasticity
The hydrating cream has a whipped cream texture and the eye cream is similar but thicker, though not hard or balmy. Both of them are very buildable; allowing them to be layered more if your skin needs more hydration, and they will absorb quickly and blend well. Bursts of deep hydration, it doesn't feel masky when it sink into your skin unlike many other brands, which is why these have been my favourites during seasonal changes and colder months!
La Prairie claims that the eye cream provides 24 hour hydration and the cream provides 16 hour hydration, and I think they really do! I use them quite often during long flights and I rarely had a problem with my skin, so that means it does work, hey! :P Even in winter, I didn't have any issues with my skin hydration. You still need to drink lots of water too, of course.
Cellular Eye Contour Cream
- rich hydrating formula helps correct dryness and protects against future dehydration
- conditions the eye area, minimizing the appearance of fine lines
- intensive amino acids improve skin’s ability to retain moisture, especially important for dry, devitalized skin
- mallow extract and hypericum extract refresh and soothe skin
Here are some tips. Although the hydrating cream provides an instant glow, if you want to have an even more radiant glow, just mix a few drops of illuminators and apply! I like to mix mine with
the ones from By Terry and Chantecaille! I also like to use the cream as a tinted moisturiser by mixing it with one pump of a creamy or liquidy foundation. As for the eye cream, I even use it on my sensitive lips every day underneath my regular lip balms by Rodial (STEMCELL Super Food Glam Balm Lip) and Omorovicza (Perfecting Lip Balm). They are great for sensitive lips and instantly quenches lips, providing long lasting hydration >_< . I also use it as a base before applying lipstick!
If you are looking for a basic hydration duo, you really should check out Cellular Eye Contour cream and Cellular Time Release Moisturizer Intensive. They really do their job perfectly and Cellular Eye Contour cream is the reason why La Prairie got so famous for their eye care products in 1978! :) I highly recommend both of them!
Where to Buy
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Cellular Hydrating Serum
- Skin Caviar Absolute Filler
- Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream/ Luxe Cream Sheer/ Firming Complex)
- Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream (Baby/Eczema/Sensitive Skin)
- Physiogel Daily Moisture Therapy Facial Cream & Lotion (Dry/Sensitive/Eczema/Baby Skin)
- La Mer Moisturisers/ Crème de la Mer