Sisley Hydra-Global has a more dense type texture like Guerlain Super-Aqua Hydrating Serum compared to other high-end skincare brands. It isn't particularly runny, and has a bouncy emulsion consistency. It's nowhere near as thick and heavy as La Mer's hydrating soothing serum, The Concentrate.
- Luxury Skincare (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturisers (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
It goes onto skin beautifully and penetrates into skin very fast without leaving a veil on top. There's no other oiliness or heaviness to the finish.
Hydra-Global has Sisley's signature scent, which is very soothing and calming. Personally, I've been finding it quite therapeutic and it does soothe my senses. It feels very refreshing to put on after a long tiring day or when I feel sick as it feels quite healing.
Hydra-Global is an intensive hydrating, anti-aging skincare product designed to provide a comprehensive solution to the phenomenon of skin dehydration. Its cream-gel texture is fluid and matte. This formula contains a combination of essential oils (marjoram, lavender, and sage) plant-derived active ingredients (padina pavonica, wild pansy, chestnut), and minerals, (malachite extract). Together these ingredients work on 3 levels to restore the skin's natural moisture balance and restart hydration functions deep within the epidermis:
- At the dermis level to replenish the hydrous layer*
- At the epidermis level to facilitate the circulation of water between cells* and restore the barrier function
- Within the corneum stratum to hold on to water\
Hydra-Global helps the skin to regain optimal hydration and a youthful look.
*In vitro tested
- Padina Pavonica: stimulates the synthesis of glycosaminoglycans
- Sunflower: nourishes, softens, revitalizes
- Sage (essential oil): stimulates
- Chestnut: regulates the desquamation of the epidermis and restores the barrier function
- Lavender (essential oil): purifies and balances
- Malachite: reinforces the skin's defense against free radicals
- Wild Pansy: increases water circulation in the epidermis and stimulates the synthesis of aquaporins
- Stevia Leaf Extract: hydrates
- Marjoram (essential oil): soothes
WATER/EAU (AQUA), GLYCERIN, ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, SORBITOL, DIMETHICONE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, ARACHIDYL ALCOHOL, NYLON-12, PANTHENOL, SQUALANE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, STEVIA REBAUDIANA LEAF/STEM EXTRACT, ALLANTOIN, CASTANEA SATIVA (CHESTNUT) SEED EXTRACT, VIOLA TRICOLOR EXTRACT, YEAST (FAEX) EXTRACT, MALACHITE EXTRACT, ADENOSINE, PHOSPHOLIPIDS, PADINA PAVONICA THALLUS EXTRACT, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, THYMUS MASTICHINA FLOWER OIL, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) OIL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, CETEARYL GLUCOSIDE, ARACHIDYL GLUCOSIDE, CARBOMER, POTASSIUM CETYL PHOSPHATE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, SODIUM ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE, POLYGLYCERYL-10 STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, SORBIC ACID, POTASSIUM SORBATE, LINALOOL, LIMONENE, GERANIOL. IL#3A
Upon application, Sisley Hydra-Global instantly quenches skin, leaving it velvety smooth and soft. It gives very long-lasting hydration that it's flight safe, and some of you especially with oily skin might not even need an extra moisturiser on top. The hydration and penetrating power feels quite similar to their popular Ecological Compound, but it has a much more neat and clean feeling onto skin without leaving any oily residue.
Unlike their soothing scent, I don't think that Sisley Hydra-Global soothes and calms skin better than The Concentrate sadly. Regardless, it still does its job, and you won't need to worry about dehydration throughout the year.
- La Mer Moisturisers/ Crème de la Mer
- La Mer The Treatment Lotion & The Concentrate
- High-end Hydrating Serums (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- Sisley Sisleyouth (vs Supremÿa at Night vs Ecological Compound)
Thanks to its beautiful texture, I've actually been having fun taking advantage of it. It's very customisable, which is what I love about it the most. Indeed, I love versatility!😁 Here are a few tricks that I do with Sisley Hydra-Global;
- Mix with a foundation (preferably non-mattifying) that you love and turn it into a non-heavy tinted moisturiser.
- Add a few drops of face oil to Hydra-Global for a 3-in-1 benefit (serum, moisturiser, glow enhancing primer).
Where to Buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Sisley Face Masks
- Sisley Ecological Compound (Emulsion Ecologique)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler Cream
- La Mer The Brilliance Brightening Mask (Blanc de La Mer)
- Atopalm Intensive Moisturizing Cream (Baby/Eczema/Sensitive Skin)