First of all, there's none of Sisley's unique herbal scent in Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion unlike La Prairie Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion. Thanks to this, even when I wrap my face with my palms upon application, I can actually focus on my skin rather than what's lingering on my nose. However, if you have been a massive fan of their herbal scent or if you are someone who enjoys inhaling essential oils, then you may not enjoy using Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion as much.
Trust me, their scent isn't bad or good, I would call it just neutral. I'm personally very sensitive to essential oils, so I tend to be very careful what I try on or even smell, so I actually quite like Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion. On top of that, my man who has eczema-prone skin didn't get any irritation, so I give high credits for that.
- High-end Hydrating Moisturisers (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Skincare Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion initially quite surprised me when I first pumped it out of the bottle. It was simply because it has a non-transparent, runny yet quite dense texture, which is quite the opposite to their lightweight toners.
Frankly, it reminded me of the texture of Amore Pacific's Fluide (first essence) that my family has been using for years. This is great because I can still use my finger tips instead of a cotton pad due to the similarity.
Even better, it absorbs fast and I find it quite layerable too.
Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion is the 1st step of the anti-aging skin care routine.Skin is perfectly prepared, making it more receptive to subsequent skin care treatments.
Essential active ingredients (Marshmallow extract, Padina pavonica, Phytosqualane and Gingko biloba) help moisturize and nourish the skin. Renowned anti-aging active ingredients from the Sisleÿa range (White Willow, Alkekengi Calyx, Padina pavonica, Gingko biloba) help support radiant, youthful skin.
Immediately, the skin is replumped, radiant and better prepared to benefit from other daily skin care products.
After 4 weeks, signs of aging are reduced and skin appears visibly younger.
- Marshmallow extract: moisturizes the skin by delivering molecules able to retain water
- Padina pavonica extract: reinforces the hydric layer of the dermis by boosting the synthesis of GAGs
- Phytosqualane: moisturizes and nourishes by delivering lipids that are structurally similar to those found in the skin
- Ginkgo biloba extract: helps tone the skin, anti-oxidant
- Alkekengi Calyx extract: helps protect the skin, thanks to its anti-free radical action
- White Willow extract: helps protect the dermis fibers thanks to its anti-collagenase and anti-elastase properties
WATER/EAU (AQUA), CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) FLOWER WATER, ROSA CENTIFOLIA FLOWER WATER, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SQUALANE, PROPYLHEPTYL CAPRYLATE, PANTHENOL, ALTHAEA OFFICINALIS ROOT EXTRACT, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-1, PHYSALIS ALKEKENGI CALYX EXTRACT, SALIX ALBA (WILLOW) LEAF EXTRACT, ADENOSINE, GINKGO BILOBA LEAF EXTRACT, PADINA PAVONICA THALLUS EXTRACT, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, ACRYLATES/C10-30 ALKYL ACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, CITRIC ACID, PHENOXYETHANOL, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM BENZOATE, LINALOOL. IL#1A
As for a 2-in-1 product, I've found that Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion is quite nicer than I expected. I actually feel that my skin has gotten much healthier and a bit more resilient to stress even after staying awake all night. When you start using it, you may not feel anything particularly special. However, I've noticed that it really helps balancing skin after a few weeks of use. Some might overlook that function, but I consider it to be one of the most important aspects to look for in toners.
Balanced skin doesn't accentuate the wrinkles and helps to re-gain its glow. Although Sisley doesn't say anything about Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion in terms of its action on pores specifically, but my pores look slightly smaller as my skin is well hydrated and balanced. I'm very certain that it didn't shrink down the size of my pores though. Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion might have also prevented my pores from getting enlarged from heat and dehydration in summer where the weather tends to get very hot outside and air conditioned inside.
- Sisley Sisleÿa l’Intégral Anti-Age Firming Concentrated Serum
- Sisley Sisleÿa l’Intégral Anti-Age Anti-Wrinkle Concentrated Serum
- Sisley Sisleÿa L'Integral Anti-Age Extra-Rich cream
- Sisley Sisleÿa L'Integral Anti-Age cream
Soothing & Hydrating
It soothes skin very nice that I didn't get any typical sunburn or any sun sensitivity throughout summer. I used the lotion by itself underneath my sunscreen if the weather was too hot during the day, and I put on Sisley Sunleÿa Age Minimizing After-sun Care on top of the lotion at night. Autumn is here now, and I've been using the heater inside as the temperature gap has been quite dramatic. And I think that Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion has been keeping my skin hydrated quite well when used together with a hydrating cream as I haven't had any tightness around my skin (not even around my eye area 😎), which is quite unusual for me in this season.
Where to Buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- La Mer Genaissance de La Mer The Infused Lotion (Boosting essence)
- La Mer Genaissance de La Mer The Eye and Expression Cream
- Sisley Toners/ Mist
- Sisley Ecological Compound (Emulsion Ecologique)
- Chanel Le Lift V-Flash Boosting Serum