I have been organising my beauty cabinet recently and was surprised by how much I have been relying on Sisley's basic skincare range >_< So I thought it might be a good opportunity to talk about the ones that I have been religiously using for the last 6 years or so >_< I have raved about their basic line in the previous post that I wrote. I do use other products from the Sisley skincare range, but this time, I will only talk about their toners and masks to start off with :). So this post is the first part; Sisley Toners (To read about Part two: Sisley Face Masks, click Here) . If you are a fan of light and refreshing toners, Sisley is the way to go. By the way, I do use other toners from other brands, so I do not just use Sisley ones solely >_<.
1. Floral Spray Mist (125mL)
Very fine spritz. Smells beautiful and very cooling.
The packaging looks quite cheap and not that handy to take outside.
The packaging reminds me of hair spray >_<.
Just simple facial mist for all year around. This is not a heavy duty hydrating/moisturising mist if that's the type you are looking for. Just simple refreshing cooling mist!
For all skin types.
The Floral Spray Mist soothes and relaxes immediately. In the morning, it gently invigorates the skin. It is also ideal to get refreshed and revitalize the skin throughout the day. On the beach, it is perfect to moisturize the skin and refresh it in seconds. In the evening, it helps remove the last traces of make-up.
- Cornflower: soothes
- Witch Hazel: tones
- Rose: freshens and soothes
- Orange blossom: tones
2. Phyto-Blanc Lightening Toning Lotion (250mL)
To me, personally, I have gone through so many bottles of this. I have no idea whether it does indeed lighten my complexion or correct any sun spots, since I do not have major sun spot issues... so I guess it has been working?
For all skin types.
Phyto-Blanc Lightening Toning Lotion is a lightly astringent toner that compliments the cleansing routine of the face and neck, tightens pores, and mattifies the skin. The combination of lemon, scutellaria and white mulberry extracts lighten and even out the skin tone. The skin is smoother, fresher and glowing.
- White Mulberry and Scutellaria Extracts: help lighten the complexion
- Lemon Extract: tones and restores the skin's radiance
- Jioh Extract: moisturizes
- Essential Oil of Lavender: Soothes and balances
- Essential Oil of Marjoram: soothes
3. Grapefruit Toning Lotion (250mL)
Although it's called Grapefruit Toning Lotion, I didn't find it to smell much like grapefruit at all. It has more of a generic fresh/summery smell. I like to use this one during the daytime on days when my skin's a bit more oilier than usual, like during summer or when the weather is quite humid. It has a much more refreshing finish than Lightening Toner (not matte, but more of a light feel to the touch upon application). After you wipe it off it feels very natural, there isn't much of a moist feeling left over like with other toners which is why it's great for oily skin.
For oily/combo skin.
The Grapefruit Toning Lotion clears the skin of makeup, while it tones and refreshes the epidermis with a very low alcohol content. This very gentle lotion minimizes pores and improves skin's appearance, leaving it fresh and clean.
- Grapefruit: tones, purifies, and minimizes enlarged pores
4. Purifying Re-balancing Lotion with Tropical Resins (125mL)
This is an astringent toner, so it does contain alcohol to certain extent. I use this one when I am on my monthly, and it does seem to keep my skin from getting worse. You can even use it as a local spot treatment, but I tend soak a cotton pad and wipe it all over my face except for around my eyes and lips. It does refreshingly 'mattify' skin like after washing our face with foaming cleanser. The key point is that you do not want to do strong exfoliation before application. Otherwise, you will end up getting dry patches on certain areas over your face or sensitising your skin, which will eventually make things worse O_O.
For oily/problem skin.
A true 3-in-1 skincare lotion, the Purifying Re-balancing Lotion purifies, resurfaces and softens the skin: - visibly reduces imperfections and promotes a reduction in shiny areas (extracts of Benzoin and Java Tea).
- significantly improves skin quality: impurities are eliminated, pores are tightened, skin texture is refined and the complexion is fresh and luminous (Salicylic Acid, Lady's Mantle leaf extract).
- softens the skin (combination of D-Panthenol and Incense and Myrrh extracts). Intensely purified and rebalanced, skin is soft and stays comfortable. The complexion is clearer and more matte.
- Non-comedogenic. Daily and combined use of this skincare line considerably improves skin quality.
- Incense and Myrrh extracts: soothe
- Benzoin extract: intensely purifies the skin
- D-Panthenol: moisturizes and soothes
- Java Tea extract: reduces excess sebum
- Salicylic Acid: exfoliates and soothes
- Lady's Mantle leaf extract: smooths the skin's texture due to its astringent properties
5. Floral Toning Lotion (250mL)
Another refreshing toner from Sisley! Although it says it's for dry/sensitive skin types, I would say it's more suitable for slightly dry/sensitive and even combination/oily skin. Even though it says alcohol free, it contains witch hazel, which potentially acts like a natural astringent, so I can see why it is still a bit drying for me over colder seasons. However, I do enjoy using this to soothe my skin over summer when my skin gets more sensitised and oily. Of course, I would not recommend this to anyone if it's for sunburnt skin :P.
For dry/sensitive skin.
The Floral Toning Lotion is used to remove makeup completely and cleanse the skin. Formulated with extracts of rose, cornflower, and Witch Hazel, this lotion soothes and softens. Formulated for dry, sensitive skin, it tones, soothes and prepares the skin for your daily skincare regimen.
- Rose: refreshes, softens
- Cornflower: soothes
- Witch Hazel: tones
Where to Buy
comments powered by Disqus