During the seasonal change especially from summer to autumn, I tend to be extra careful with my skin care regime as my skin becomes more of a dehydrated sensitive combination type just like when it's at peak summer time. Meaning, I cannot simply dry out the oil glands in my skin using different products designed for oily skin just to treat occasional breakouts that I get from daily stress and the multiple layers of sunscreen that I put on every day. Even worse, there's a big temperature gap between day and night in WA especially in summer and during the transition to autumn, so a specific day and night skin care routine is must-do. Otherwise, my skin will just go crazy and lose its balance from overheating from the day and cold dry air at night, which has been the major problem for my skin in summer.
For those reasons, I've been minimising my skin care steps, and I have been using KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner (full review) and KoY Attune O'ASSIS Cream (full review) for the day time and the nights that I don't use Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask. I didn't set a strict routine, but whenever my skin was exposed to the sun long, then I just put the mask on my skin at night on the same day.
Day & Night Skin Care Routine
Same as above
Scent & Texture
Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask has a generic cream consistency.
It goes on very smooth and absorbs as you spread the mask, so you might want to be quick on applying it as it's very absorbent.
Like their Flower Harmonizing Cream (full review) and Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion (full review), it's 94% natural and the scent isn't the best, I would say that it's neither good nor bad. It just smells neutral with a bit of Jasmine. But compared to the Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion, I personally think it smells much better, but the difference is very little. Once you get used to it, the scent won't be any problem, as it doesn't linger onto skin after putting on :).
A luxurious cooling mask infused with unique botanicals to soothe and hydrate dry and dull skin. Doubling as a rich night cream its powerful ingredients help revive a dull looking complexion. Specially created to protect from over-exposure to the elements it also serves as an ideal solution for jet-lagged or wind-chapped skin.
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid/ Bisabolol possesses soothing and calming properties
- Vitamin B5 has soothing and moisturizing properties
- Lily Bulb helps soften and moisturize skin
- Saccharide Isomerate acts like a water magnet helping minimize dryness*
- Sodium Hyaloronate has moisturizing and film-forming properties
*Tests performed on ingredient
Hydrating & Sun Soothing
I would say that Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask hydrates skin pretty well, at the level of somewhere in between their Flower Harmonizing Cream (full review) and Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion (full review). Although it hydrates skin instantly once you put it on, it doesn't seem to hydrate deep enough. But again, it isn't superficial, so it comes in handy for this time of the year for night time use. Regardless, my skin feels and looks very smooth and plumped upon waking up without any discomfort. Even after sun exposure, on the following day that I put on the mask a night before, my skin feels much more resilient and less sensitive. Yes, it is very healing just like its name :3.
However, if you have dry skin or if you live in a cold climate, the mask won't do enough. In that case, I highly recommend you mix a few drops of face oil onto the mask before using as it's such a nice base to mix with different face oils. That's how I like use it when the weather gets cold here anyways.
Calming & Healing
Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask has been my skin saviour since last winter whenever I started getting some bizarre breakouts or little bumps here and there on my face. And I've kept coming back to the mask after treating with my either Glamglow Mud Mask (full review) or Sisley Phyto-Blanc Ultra Lightening Mask (full review). It doesn't get rid of all the bumps miraculously all at once just in one night, but Wow, it does calm the affected area and they just feel less bumpy and more soothed. And especially after popping those nasties when they are ready to be out, the Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask seems to work very effectively on healing the spot and regenerating the damaged skin XD. My man loves the mask, I love it, and even my mother loves it too! Yes, Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask has officially become our family mask! ♥
Where to buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
Here are some other products that might be worth checking in comparison to Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask:
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask
- Olie Biologique Organic Argan Oil & 23K Gold Argan Oil
- Kahina Giving Beauty Prickly Pear Seed Oil (Dry / Senstive / Eczema Skin)
- Sisley Sunleÿa Age Minimizing After-sun Care
- La Mer Moisturisers / Crème de la Mer
- Sisley Supremÿa at Night
- Sisley Face Masks
- La Prairie Day Creams & Emulsions with SPF (Anti-Aging / Radiance / Swiss Ice Crystal)
- Luxury Skincare Brand Purchase Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley)
- High-end Hydrating Moisturiser Comparison (Guerlain vs La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley)
- Luxury Suncare Comparison (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Chantecaille vs Chanel vs Dior)
- More posts on Natural / Orgainic Skin care, Suncare and Intensive Treatments
- KoY Attune O'ASSIS Essence Toner & Attune O'ASSIS Cream (Korean Beauty Tips / Korean Celebrity Skin Care/Ko Hyun-Jung)
- Thesis Beauty DIY Raw Cacao Mask Chocolatier's Gift
- Omorovicza Ultramoor Mud Mask
- Chantecaille Flower Harmonizing Cream & Magnolia, Jasmine and Lily Healing Emulsion
- Bioeffect 30 Day Treatment & EGF Serum