I've always been a bit of a jewellery person since I was a little child, and gold has been my all time favourite ever since. This certainly reflects upon one of my most used ranges, La Prairie Cellular Radiance collection, along with their Cellular Platinum Rare collection, which is based on gold and platinum respectively as their key ingredients. The beauty market has been seeing the increasing number of gold derived skincare products over the past years, which I've found them personally intriguing but not many of them could meet my expectations.
Nevertheless, I was introduced to Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Face Cream by my older sister when I was back in Korea years ago. She often got Chantecaille facials, so I used to hang out at the Chantecaille counter a lot while waiting for her. Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Face Cream surely caught my attention as I was digging gold based skincare products due to my active young skin. The manager told me that the cream helps with healing fresh pimple marks (that I had then) and kindly offered me some samples to try out. I used the cream on the nights that I wasn't on my La Prairie Cellular Resurfacing Cream (discontinued), and it worked brilliantly like how she explained to me, so I had to get the product in the end.
Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Face Cream has a non-overpowering herbal scent, which smells quite different from their other floral scented products. I would say that it smells less potent than some of the herbal skincare products, and I personally find it quite soothing and a bit invigorating in some way although there's no spicy kick in the scent. I didn't get any sensitivity or headache/nausea from the smell, so majority of people will get along well with it.
ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, GLYCERIN, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, SORBITAN TRISTEARATE, STEARIC ACID, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, DIMETHICONE, PTFE, POLYACRYLAMIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, DIPHENYL DIMETHICONE, SORBITOL, PPG-25-LAURETH-25, MICA, C13-14 ISOPARAFFIN, PULLULAN, BISABOLOL, BORAGO OFFICINALIS SEED OIL, OENOTHERA BIENNIS (EVENING PRIMROSE) OIL, HYDROLYZED FIBROIN, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, XANTHAN GUM, ASCORBYL TETRAISOPALMITATE, LACTOBACILLUS FERMENT, LAURETH-7, SODIUM POLYACRYLATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, MALTODEXTRIN, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, ROSA DAMASCENA FLOWER OIL, ACACIA DECURRENS FLOWER WAX, JASMINUM GRANDIFLORUM (JASMINE) FLOWER WAX, NANNOCHLOROPSIS OCULATA EXTRACT, NARCISSUS POETICUS FLOWER WAX, PANTHENOL, SODIUM HYALURONATE, RETINYL PALMITATE, PELARGONIUM GRAVEOLENS OIL, ESCIN, HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, PALMITOYL TRIPEPTIDE-5, RUSCUS ACULEATUS ROOT EXTRACT, PEG-8, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) EXTRACT, ALCOHOL, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, ARGININE, GLYCINE, METHIONINE, TOCOPHEROL, AMMONIUM GLYCYRRHIZATE, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT, CAMELLIA SINENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, CENTELLA ASIATICA EXTRACT, HYDROLYZED YEAST PROTEIN, SODIUM BENZOATE, CHLORELLA VULGARIS EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, ECHINACEA ANGUSTIFOLIA ROOT EXTRACT, NICOTIANA SYLVESTRIS LEAF CELL CULTURE, PLANTAGO LANCEOLATA LEAF EXTRACT, SODIUM CITRATE, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM SUCCINATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, BHT, SORBIC ACID, UNDECYLENIC ACID, ASCORBIC ACID, CITRIC ACID, CI 77480 (GOLD)
Although Nano Gold Energizing Cream contains some of the emollient ingredients such as shea butter, natural oils and waxes, the texture by itself isn't too heavy or unpleasant. It does have a thick consistency, but it goes on creamy and it doesn't linger on the skin surface.
It has great penetration into skin unlike other plant wax based products, and it keeps skin supple and glowy without skin looking yellowy.
The tiny delicate illuminating particles also helps skin looking more enhanced as if you naturally have great skin. It does provide some sort of blurring effect on skin imperfections as minor wrinkles seem less visible.
The cream is also buildable, but there is some sticky finish to a certain degree, which is expected from its ingredients. Nevertheless, the stickiness isn't major especially if you are used to luxury skincare skincare products like me.
- World's Most Expensive Skincare/ My 10+Years with Best Luxury Beauty (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
- Luxury Skincare Guide (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Swiss Perfection VS Sisley VS Guerlain)
- High-end Hydrating Serums (La Mer VS La Prairie VS Sisley VS Chanel VS Guerlain)
A luxurious balm infused with 24-karat gold and silk bound together to create unparalleled anti-aging power. This unique texture is enriched with high performance botanicals that reduce the look of multiple signs of aging: lines, wrinkles, dullness and dehydration.
- 24 K Gold and Silk have antioxidant and soothing properties*
- Bionymph Peptide Stem Cell Extract fights the anti-aging process on all fronts softening the appearance of fine lines *
- Tripeptide reduces the appearance of lines and wrinkles to promote a smoother looking complexion*
- Pullalan/Algae Extracts a tensing agent that creates a smooth film on skin to instantly and visibly reduces the appearance of lines. It also works over time to promote more firm looking skin*
- Anti-Fatigue Complex has antioxidant properties and helps energy recovery during time of stress for a more youthful looking complexion*
- A blend of butcher's broom, centella and marigold helps sooth skin diminishing visible redness*
- Plantago Extract is allotted antioxidant and soothing properties
- Microalgae Extract helps promote more toned looking skin and reduce the appearance of redness
- Vit E/ White Tea/Coneflower Extract are powerful antioxidants
- Borage and Evening Primrose Oil soften and moisturize skin
- Jasmine/Narcissus/Mimosa Flower Waxes are emollient and softening to skin
*Tests performed on ingredient
- 71% Natural Including a Base of Pure Rosewater
- Free of animal components, phthalates, sulphate detergents, mineral oil, petrolatum, palm oil, synthetic color, synthetic fragrance and GMOs. No animal testing. No parabens.
Based on my sister's and my experience, Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream works effectively on skin regeneration. Scars and marks heal a lot faster although it isn't a medical grade ointment, and it improves overall skin texture and quality. We both noticed in our skin that our skin feels more smooth, resilient, somewhat balanced and strengthened. Despite its lack of lifting benefits, Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing is great for delaying any unwanted deep wrinkles due to its aid in skin resilience. If you already have generally good skin, the cream will definitely help enhancing and maintaining the quality of skin.
Unlike its claim, we didn't see much noticeable improvement in redness, but I can tell you that it does soothe and calm down the redness on those freshly popped pimple marks. It heals skin fast, even including minor scratches that I often get with my dogs from playing rough with them. It may not be a miracle potion, but it works well as a skin recovery elixir timelessly. Whether you use Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream as an S.O.S product or a seasonal intensive treatment, it will do its job regardless.
- Kahina Giving Beauty Prickly Pear Seed Oil (Dry/ Sensitive/ Eczema Skin)
- Chantecaille Gold Recovery Mask (Revitalising Treatment)
- Chantecaille Nano Gold Firming Treatment
Having said that, if you have oily combination skin, it's important to note that those emolients that the cream contains could potentially clog pores, which may lead to unwanted breakouts. Additionally, the cream also has artificial colourants and some other chemicals including PEG's. Meaning, it may not be the best one to try out if your skin is on the more sensitive/Eczema prone side like my man's skin. Speaking of which, it's also quite high in titanium dioxide, and I personally don't understand why Chantecaille wanted to add it to the cream as it isn't even a mattifying or suncare product. During the day, it won't be a big problem using it, but some may find it uncomfortable putting it on skin during nighttime. Personally, my sister and I have never once got any breakouts or sensitivity from using Chantecaille Nano Gold Energizing Cream over the past years, so I will leave the final decision to you😊.
Where to buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Sisley Supremÿa at Night/ Supremÿa la nuit
- Sisley Sisleÿa L'Integral Anti-Age cream
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler Cream
- Chanel Sublimage L'Extrait de Crème
- Chantecaille Bio Lifting Serum
- La Mer The Renewal Oil