Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light is an emulsion that is very close to a typical emulsion texture. I know, it may sound very funny to some of you, but if you have tried different emulsions from luxury skincare brands, you will know exactly what I'm talking about. They would usually label it emulsion, then it tends to be too heavy and rich for the nature of emulsion that I have come across different people struggling with the product including myself. Naturally, my years of experience with luxury skincare taught me to be more careful when I try any new emulsion on the market. Nevertheless, I have been using Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light for almost half a decade now, and it has quickly become one of the products that I use even during my cycle.
Scent & Consistency
Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light has the brand's signature powdery floral scent, which feels rather old-fashioned and can be overwhelming to some of you if you are used to more of a delicate or natural scents.
The emulsion has a lightweight consistency without being too watery light or too thick. It does go on very smooth and spreads easily that you only need a small amount to cover your entire face and neck.
Despite the light texture, it relieves skin from any dehydration instantly, and gives a youthful glow upon application.
- All skin types/ From age 30
- Special 24hour Intensive Revitalising Cellular Emulsion
- Extremely concentrated in stabilised cellular extracts (24%)
- Helps prevent and visibly attenuates the visible signs of premature skin ageing
- Intensively revitalises and optimises cellular activity
- Protects, moisturises* and nourishes the skin
- Rebalances natural skin functions and restores skin vitality
- Firms cutaneous tissues
- Reinforces the natural defences of the epidermis
- Provides a radiant complexion typical of healthy skin
- Dermatologically tested
Its added value:
- The Mythical Ultra Vital revisited in a light emulsion and ideal for combination and oily-prone skin. Perfect alternative during summer time.
- The epidermis is given a veritable “lift”
- Revitalised skin
- Skin better moisturised* and more supple
- Firmer skin
- Smoothed wrinkles and expression lines
- A more radiant complexion
- Stabilised cellular extracts (24%): revitalising, rebalancing
- Hydrolysed glycosaminoglycans: maintain the skin's firmness and elasticity
- Vitamins E and C: antioxidant, anti-free radicals
- As an intensive treatment, several times a year if necessary
- Women over 35 years of age who prefer a textured emulsion, as a daily day and night care
If you are unfamiliar with Cellcosmet, I want to make it clear that Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light isn't a dupe version of La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Lotion, and La Mer isn't a dupe of this. However, they do feel quite similar in a way that they come in a pump bottle and has a great reputation as an emulsion without compromising the longevity of hydration. I won't say which one is better as every product works differently on different skin.
However, if you have found La Mer The Moisturizing Soft Lotion a bit too light or not giving your skin enough hydration, then you might like Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light better. Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light provides buildable hydration, so you can apply more on the area of concern after initial application. They both absorbs into skin fast, but the Cellcosmet one has more of a nurturing feel during application.
Nonetheless, you can add a drop of foundation and mix to use as a tinted moisturiser during the daytime with either of them, so there's nice versatility there 😎. I would say that if your skin is still young and leaning more towards the oily side, then La Mer might be a better fit as it feels a little lighter, but if your skin is more dry, then I would recommend Cellcosmet Ultra Vital Light as long as you don't mind its mature scent.
Where to buy
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- Cellcosmet CellLift Cream (VS Crème de La Mer/ Hormonal Aging/ Menopause)
- Cellcosmet Precious Mask (Radiance Revealer Harmonising Cream-Gel Mask)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler Cream
- Cellcosmet Exfoliant Dual Action (Smooth Exfoliant Cream)
- Cellcosmet Anti-Stress Mask