I was just organising my bathroom cabinet, and I just realised that I completely forgot to write a post on La Prairie Cellular Hydralift Firming Mask although I have been using it for almost a decade now.
Scent & Consistency
The mask has a rich creamy gel consistency, and it spreads very easily so you don't need much to cover your entire face and neck.
It goes on mostly opaque on skin, but as you start to spread the mask evenly using the brush that comes with it and it begins to work on skin, it becomes mostly transparent depending on how much it has been applied.
Skin feels velvety soft and well-quenched after rinsing it off. It also brings back some subtle glow to skin.
There's some subtle floral scent to a certain degree, but I personally find it quite calming and soothing, and the scent doesn't linger onto skin.
Designed for dry, dehydrated skin, this fast-acting, non-drying mask helps to reduce the appearance of redness. It produces an intensely moisturizing, soothing and calming effect. You skin will relax, and so will you.
- A moisturizing complex with a composition that mimics the skin's natural moisturizing factor protects skin from moisture loss.
- Immediate moisture relief for dryness
- Gives an instant look and feeling of firmness
- Reduces the appearance of redness and irritation
Compliment your skincare ritual by using this mask one to three times a week and see skin that looks and feels smoother.
Spread generously over face, avoiding eye area. May be used on neck and décolleté. Rinse with tepid water after five minutes and pat dry. Spread generously over face, avoiding eye area. May be used on neck and décolleté. Rinse with tepid water after five minutes and pat dry. Spread generously over face, avoiding eye area. May be used on neck and décolleté. Rinse with tepid water after five minutes and pat dry.
I have tried many different wash-off type hydrating masks on the market, but it has always been a challenge for me to find something that provides long-lasting hydration without too much greasiness as overly rich products could break my skin out. And that's the main reason why I have continuously been using La Prairie Cellular Hydralift Firming Mask as one of my go-to's.
The mask also works within 5-10 minutes, which is perfect for me as I could just quickly take a shower in the meantime or even take a mini nap to recharge. And I've noticed that the steam and my mini nap seems to increase the overall efficacy of the mask, and it has been working even better that way. I also like to use La Prairie Cellular Hydralift Firming Mask on my dry lips and it seems to prevent them from further dryness and unwanted peeling.
- La Prairie Cellular Hydrating Serum
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask
- La Mer The Tonic (Hydrating & soothing toner)
The mask also works great for jet-lagged skin whether you are a frequent traveller or not, and I sometimes use it as a leave-on mask in the plane whether it's a short trip or not. Just right before reaching the destination, I could just quickly drench my skin with my mist, and wipe the residue off with either a tissue or a baby wash cloth. Then, I spritz the same mist on my skin again before following with my sunscreen and any make-up. If you are looking for a fast acting rinse-off hydrating mask, I think that La Prairie Cellular Hydralift Firming Mask is worth trying.
Where to buy
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream/ Luxe Cream Sheer/ Firming Complex)
- La Prairie Cellular Swiss Ice Crystal Dry Oil
- La Prairie Anti-Aging Skincare - Anti-wrinkle/ Plumping (Part 1)
- High-tech Dry Skin Care (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Guerlain /Part1)
- La Mer The Hydrating Facial (Sheet mask)