If you are looking for a classic toner, La Mer The Tonic is certainly one of the top choices based upon my personal experience. If you have some sensitivity towards scent though, La Mer The Tonic does carry some aged hue. It doesn't linger on skin, so it has never been a problem for me as now I'm used to it, but there's definitely a bit of off putting smell upon initial application.
I still find the scent better than some other heavily essential oil based scents from other brands that give me a headache. Consistency-wise, there isn't an alcohol feel to it when applied onto skin, and it doesn't feel drying out or heavily moisturising. La Mer The Tonic is just a standard water type toner, and it doesn't irritate my skin.
This toner with a blend of marine-rich ingredients works to refresh and tone the skin after cleansing. A cool and soothing step before treatments that balances the complexion. Skin is purified, revealing a healthy glow.
A vital step after cleansing, this tonic balances the complexion. Crafted with La Mer’s proprietary Deconstructed Waters™ and a blend of marine-rich ingredients, this refreshing treatment leaves skin feeling soothed and toned after cleansing. Skin is purified, revealing a healthy glow.
- Key Ingredients: Miracle Broth™, Deconstructed Waters™
- Formulated Without Parabens, Phthalates, Sulfates
Declustered Water (-)\Aqua\Eau De-Structuree (-) , Methyl Gluceth-20 , Glycereth-26 , Laminaria Saccharina Extract , Algae (Seaweed) Extract , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil , Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder , Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake , Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal , Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil , Sodium Gluconate , Copper Gluconate , Calcium Gluconate , Magnesium Gluconate , Zinc Gluconate , Tocopheryl Succinate , Niacin , Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Powder , Butylene Glycol , Ppg-28-Buteth-35 , Ppg-5-Ceteth-20 , Sodium Hyaluronate , Citric Acid , Sodium Citrate , Polysorbate 20 , Sucrose , Caffeine , Disodium Edta , Benzophenone-4 , Phenoxyethanol , Potassium Sorbate , Fragrance (Parfum) , Linalool , Yellow 5 (Ci 19140) , Red 33 (Ci 17200)
Frankly speaking, there isn't much hydrating or soothing benefits that your skin will get just by using the toner. La Mer The Tonic is rather on the light watery side compared to other toners from their competitors, but it works well with any skincare regime without causing breakouts. Although there isn't much direct benefits that you get from it, I've noticed that it seems to enhance the outcomes that I get from other skincare products that I use after the toner application.
- La Mer Anti-Aging Skincare - Anti-wrinkle/ Volumizing (Part 1)
- La Mer Anti-aging Serums (The Concentrate/ The Regenerating/ Genaissance de La Mer/ The Lifting Contour/ The Revitalizing Hydrating)
- La Mer Boosting Essence (The Treatment Lotion/ The Brilliance White Infusion/ Genaissance de La Mer The Infused Lotion
- La Mer Treatment Masks (The Lifting and Firming/ The Brilliance Brightening/ The Hydrating Facial/ The Intensive Revitalizing Mask)
My skin texture has been improved and feels a lot more balanced that I haven't been getting breakouts even when I'm on my monthly. It also complements any other boosting essence or first essence-in-lotion that you use, so it definitely works great as a skincare booster. I would say that La Mer The Tonic does its job as a toner, and it also works well with the majority of skin types.
Where to buy
- Chanel Sublimage La Lotion Suprême (toner)
- La Mer Genaissance de La Mer The Infused Lotion
- La Mer The Renewal Oil
- Estée Lauder Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lift Floralixir™ Dew Regenerating Water
- Tammy Fender Bulgarian Rose Water
comments powered by Disqus