We visited our vet a few weeks ago, and the vet told us that Yuna and Yena's teeth are in a great condition. He said "immaculate", which made us very happy to hear as we do our best to look after our babies' teeth as best as we can :). So I thought I would share what we do with our babies <3.
And the system has been working perfectly, especially for Yuna.
But somehow they didn’t seem to be working great on Yena when she was little. So we bought Petsmile (127g) just to try out first. It’s a company from Supersmile and we really love their toothpastes. Trust me, my man has very sensitive teeth, but their whitening toothpaste works fine for him >_<.
Anyways, the Petsmile toothpaste doesn’t come with the applicator swabs (aka the toothbrush for dogs). So it cost you a bit extra, but you only need one applicator when you use it, so it will last quite a while.
We were a bit concerned at the beginning if Yena would like the flavour. But guess what, both Yuna and Yena love the flavour very much that they think it’s a very special treat XD. It’s always fun watching Yuna patiently waiting until Yena’s done with her teeth cleaning for her turn.
We start cleaning the back teeth to front, left to right, on the upper gum first, then lower. You use only one applicator, but you need about 4cm of toothpaste to clean properly (for medium dogs), so if your dog is a bit bigger, it might not last as long compared to the number of applicators.
Manually cleaning teeth can be a bit difficult if you have to do alone, but if your dog gets enough treats and/or you feel that your dental cleaning system for your dog doesn’t seem to be working well, I think it’s worthwhile to try out this method!
It thoroughly cleanses and doesn’t have that typical pet dental treat smell either. It’s beef flavoured but it’s very subtle, so your dog’s breath won’t smell like beef afterwards.
- More posts on Pets and BarkBox
- Affordable Cool Border Collie T-Shirts for Dog Lovers (Gift Ideas / Men & Women)
- Plato Natural Salmon & Organic Chicken Strips
- Chicken Jerky for Dogs Recipe
- Roasted Natural Pig Ears by Hill Country Pets
- Marymoor Off-Leash Dog Park & Bath / Dog Wash (ft. Border Collies Yuna & Yena)
- Majestic Pet Cotton Bagel Bed with Sherpa
- Pet Beds (Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed / Pet Pad / Bagel Bed)
- Yuna and Yena's First Treat Shopping at Mud Bay
- Rawhide for seriously Big Chewers
- Poodle and Yorkie Cookie Jars
- Comfy Pet Pads - Training, Washing and Maintaining