I was thrilled when La Prairie launched Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold, their new addition to The Radiance Collection, as it had been a long time since they introduced a new product to the line. I've always felt that they've been a bit ignorant on The Radiance Collection compared to their most popular The Skin Caviar Collection. Needless to say, it's always great to try a new product from one of my favourite La Prairie lines😊.
The scent won't be a big issue if you have been using high-end skincare products. However, if you are new, then some might say it smells a bit perfumey. It certainly isn't overpowering at all compared to the brands like Cellcosmet and Chanel. If you are sensitive to fragrance though, then it's important to note that the product does contain fragrance and it isn't listed on the very bottom of the ingredient list.
Unlike the name, Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold is actually more like a bouncy dense gel cream type of moisturiser.
At a glance, you might think ‘uh oh, another heavy moisturiser...’, but once you put it on, you will find it quite lightweight. It isn’t watery light, but it spreads very well and easily.
There’s a pleasant transition from bursts of fresh sensations to a neat yet slight mattifying finish with a subtle glow. It somehow reminds me of their White Caviar Illuminating Moisturizing Cream, but Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold has way more of a "neat" feeling. I don’t know how they came up with this idea, but I do love that transition, which fascinates me the most. Thanks to that interesting texture, I can feel that La Prairie will get some clients with combination skin on their supposedly heaviest collection, The Radiance Collection.
- improves skin quality below the surface, where radiance begins, for smoother-looking skin that reflects light at its best
- instantly envelops skin in flattering golden light
- helps stimulate skin’s regenerative capacity and works beneath the skin’s surface to enhance texture, flawlessness and glow
- evens skin tone and helps lighten age spots
- reduces the activity of melanin-stimulating enzyme and reduces melanin formation
- softens the look of fine lines and pores
- pore tightening and moisturizing effects
- increases resistance to moisture barrier damage and helps reduce the size of age spots
- helps diminish appearance of wrinkles and improves elasticity
- offers anti-oxidant and soothing benefits while hydrating and helping to retain moisture
Praise on the product doesn’t stop there, Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold is a 3-in-1 product; a moisturiser, a finisher and a make-up primer. I think that this is very good news for people with younger skin or even skincare minimalists as it does all despite the eye watering price. And if you live in a hot and humid climate and still wanting to try a high-end product, then you might want to add Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold to your list because I personally think that it feels even lighter than their iconic Skin Caviar Luxe Cream • Sheer and oil-free Extrait of Skin Caviar Firming Complex.
Having said that, I never found it enough as a night time moisturiser by itself for my dehydrated normal skin. Summer was fine, but as the weather has become colder and colder, the hydration it provides isn’t really sufficient. For that reason, I’ve been just using it rather as a finisher, meaning I’ve been putting it on my face after my regular moisturiser. Either way, the product seems to smooth skin as my skin texture has been improved looking more even and smooth. The result isn’t dramatic, but I see the difference. However, I wouldn’t say that it has better anti-wrinkle or firming/lifting result than other La Prairie products. From that perspective, I guess it might make better sense to understand it as a finisher or a primer rather than a moisturiser by itself.
During the daytime, it does seem to keep oil under control to a certain extent, but again, if you have a dehydration issue, then you will need to put a hydrating moisturiser or even a serum underneath. Those with drier skin might be better off using Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30 instead as it’s much more hydrating yet not as rich as other moisturisers from the Radiance collection. Or you could actually use Extrait of Skin Caviar Firming Complex instead if you are considering Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold just for extra hydration on top of your regular moisturiser.
Where to Buy
- Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (First Essence)
- Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold
- Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream/ Luxe Cream Sheer/ Firming Complex)
- Skin Caviar Luxe Sleep Mask
- Chantecaille Gold Recovery Mask (Revitalising Treatment)