Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold has been one of the La Prairie serums that I've been loving for the past 6 years or so. It was one of the very first serums that was tested on the back of my mother's hand at the counter back in Korea and my mother and I were both surprised as it did plump up those fine lines on her hands in just 30 min😎. Haha I still remember the scene because I really thought that was very interesting with the fact that Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold could impress my mother just like that. Although it's designed to help mainly with any hormonal skin aging, I've been enjoying it religiously every autumn and winter since 2010.
- La Prairie Skin Care Comprehensive Overview
- Cellular Radiance Emulsion SPF 30
- Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold
And of course, I must also add that it was the saviour of my mother's skin when her menopause was at peak. In fact, I have been her skincare consultant and buyer of those skincare products for her since her 40's as I'm wants to see her age gracefully😋. And I always tried it first before suggesting her to use the products as I've been always skeptical on any kinds of marketing endorsed by cosmetic companies.
Like all other La Prairie products, it has fragrance, but it isn't very heavily perfumed like Cellcosmet, which is also one of the popular choices for menopausal mature skin. It isn't typically rose scented like the majority of French or European skincare brands, but it just smells very La Prairie, which isn't overpowering at all.
Even upon application, Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold gives very expensive looking just-left-the-spa glow. Those tiny gold particles gives that look!
It almost feels like you put a veil on top because of its bouncy oil-gel serum like thick texture, but it doesn’t peel off anything that you apply next, which is brilliant.
However, because of its richness, it’s important to remember that you will need to massage a tiny amount into your skin for a bit and wait for its almost full absorption before applying anything on top.
Even without any moisturisers, Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold is very quenching just by itself. I especially find it as a great makeup base for dry skin, which is an added bonus. If you are someone who likes to layer multiple serums, then you won't need any other serums to layer over or under Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold as it's simply effective enough.
It plumps up minor wrinkles and prevents future new wrinkle formation and/or those existing wrinkles from getting deeper. And I see why my grandmother can't quit using the product😉. However, I'm not quite certain about how it works on age spots as it doesn't seem to be that effective at all looking at my mother's face :/.
- Reflective pigments including gold soften the effects of harsh lighting
- Vitamin C, daisy flower extract and strengthened with pea extract, help control excess pigmentation to prevent age spots
- Hyaluronic acid microspheres penetrate the skin and fill with water, to disguise the look of wrinkles. Effect can be seen in one hour, and lasts at least 5 hours
- Anti-wrinkle peptide helps reduce the look of deep wrinkles caused by facial expressions
- Golden peptide helps boost collagen and elastin to maintain firmness
- Firming complex including silica and pea extract, helps increase firmness
- Glycolic, lactic and malic acids exfoliate to encourage clarity
- Soybean and wild yam root extracts help counteract effects of hormonal imbalances that may contribute to skin ageing signs
- Angelica keiskei extract helps maintain skin’s moisture barrier
Tips & Warning
I think that Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold worth hype, but I heard and read some quite bad reviews, which kind of made me sad :(. I think that the reason lies in its own unique consistency, finish and specific targeted users unlike their other La Prairie serums.
- Skin Caviar Essence-in-Lotion (First Essence)
- Skin Caviar Liquid Lift (Lifting)
- La Prairie White Caviar Illuminating Pearl Infusion (Pigmentation control/Firming)
- Skin Caviar Crystalline Concentre (Firming/Renewing)
- Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster (Anti-wrinkle/Renewing)
- La Prairie Cellular Serum Platinum Rare (Overall rejuvenation)
Specific skin types
Let me tell you, if you have oily to normal skin, you shouldn’t get it unless you have mature skin with dehydration to be safe. Otherwise, it will just linger on top of your skin and won’t get absorbed properly and you might find your skin becomes just sticky and greasy. And that's the main reason why my sister doesn't like Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold at all unlike me. The worst scenario would be little bumps here and there coming up on your face, which was the case for my elder sister with normal sensitive skin. I was very lucky as I have relatively sensitive dehydrated/dry skin during colder seasons and my skin's fine with rich heavy oily products.
If you live in a hot humid climate, then you really should test it at your nearby La Prairie counter and try a sample first. Due to its consistency (thick rich oil-gel type), Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold is the heaviest and richest amongst all La Prairie serums, which makes it excellent for dry / dehydrated / mature (mainly for wrinkle improvement). As you can expect from the texture, it instantly wraps skin with deep hydration and long lasting comfort. Having said that, the serum might suit better for those who live in cold dry climate rather than those living in areas where the temperature and humidity level is pretty high.
Where to buy
If you really want a wow factor, you should try with their Cellular Radiance Night Cream as they simply work wonderfully together. They make skin look and feel more plumped and healthy within a week. It’s just ah-ma-zing! However, if your focus is rather on firming and lifting, then I recommend Skin Caviar Liquid Lift and Skin Caviar Crystalline Concentre instead.
- La Prairie Cellular Radiance Cream
- Cellular Radiance Night Cream
- Skin Caviar Absolute Filler Cream
- Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream/ Luxe Cream Sheer/ Firming Complex)
- Cellular Cream Platinum Rare
Are you unsure about the texture of Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold? Then you might also want to consider Anti-Aging Rapid Response Booster which feels much lighter than the Pure Gold one. It's almost as effective as Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold, but the difference is that Cellular Radiance Concentrate Pure Gold uses different technology and ingredients mainly targeting skin aging related to hormonal aging process.
If you have very deep wrinkles and/or many age spots though, I rather recommend you see your nearby dermatologist first since skin care products are after all mostly for prevention, maintenance and enhancement.comments powered by Disqus