When my skin used to be more active and oil prone, I would often pat in a generous amount of toner on my skin and skipped a moisturiser as the hot and humid weather in Brisbane didn't really help my skin at all. Although my skin isn't as oily or problem prone now, it still does this particularly when I'm in rush in the morning or when my base skincare needs to be minimal for make-up longevity.
And I must admit that Chanel Sublimage La Lotion Suprême (aka Chanel Sublimage toner) has been one of my go-to's for years now as it has been working well for my specific skin without causing any irritation.
Chanel Sublimage La Lotion Suprême isn't completely fragrance-free, but the scent isn't as overwhelmingly over the top unlike most of their other skincare products. It does carry its signature Sublimage floral scent, which is quite soothing and calming. My mother has very sharp nose, so Chanel skincare hasn't been her top favourite, but she does enjoy the Chanel Sublimage collection and she actually likes the scent too.
The first essential step of the skincare ritual, inspired by the precision and high standards of the Asian ritual. With its exceptional highly concentrated formula, SUBLIMAGE La Lotion Suprême revitalises, re-balances and rehydrates the skin to prepare it to receive the benefits of other skincare products, which have never been this intense. SUBLIMAGE La Lotion Suprême acts like a carrier of key ingredients.
- The skin barrier's function is restored. The skin is protected again
- The skin is intensely moisturised, plumped and smoother. It has never been this receptive to active ingredients.
- Planifolia PFA*, the SUBLIMAGE anti-ageing active jewel from Madagascar, which acts in synergy with intense Vanilla Planifolia water for better skin revitalisation and a restored skin barrier function.
- The magnetic water complex, which helps to attract and retain water molecules for intense and lasting hydration of the epidermis.
* PFA: PolyFractioning of Active ingredients. A specific process developed by CHANEL that allows for the creation of ultra-pure cosmetic ingredients.
Apply SUBLIMAGE La Lotion Suprême as the first skincare step, morning and evening, after SUBLIMAGE Essential Comfort Cleanser.
Apply it to face and neck with fingertips or a cotton pad.
Quite often, those toners from luxury skincare brands tend to carry a certain density texture-wise, but Chanel Sublimage La Lotion Suprême comes in a runny liquid consistency without much weight and density. It does look like one of those generic toners until you actually use it on your skin.
I mostly use the toner with a cotton round generously, but I sometimes use just palms of my hands if I'm in rush or when my skin simply feels more sensitive or drier than usual. Either way, Chanel Sublimage toner gives a beautiful subtle hydration and glow to skin. I always use a dabbing motion instead of wiping when using a cotton round, and my skin always feels quite supple even just after toner application.
For this reason, I don't need to use my boosting essence with Chanel Sublimage toner as my skin doesn't feel really need it at all, which is very nice. During cold seasons, I often add a drop of my face oil into the toner and it has been working very well with added hydration longevity. So I would use one or two layers of it depending on how my skin feels on a day to day basis. Nevertheless, Chanel Sublimage La Lotion Suprême is a good one to incorporate into skin regenerating/hydrating skincare routine.
Where to buy
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
comments powered by Disqus
- Sisley Sisleÿa Essential Skin Care Lotion
- La Mer Boosting Essence (The Treatment Lotion/ The Brilliance White Infusion/ Genaissance de La Mer The Infused Lotion)
- High-tech Dry Skin Care (La Mer vs La Prairie vs Sisley vs Guerlain /Part1)
- Chanel Hydra Beauty Micro Creme & Micro Serum (Tips/ Warning)
- 7 Luxury Beauty Tools that Boost Efficacy of Your Skincare & Make-up (My Beauty Secrets/ Gift Ideas)