La Prairie Cellular Eye Cream Platinum Rare used to be one of my go-to eye creams when I used to live back in Australia where I always needed to keep my skincare more breathable and light. My mum also enjoyed using the eye cream when she was going through menopause as she was very much prone to having frequent hot flushes. Nevertheless, La Prairie Cellular Eye Cream Platinum Rare is still my favourite one to use especially during the daytime as it works well under eye make-up.
Anti-Wrinkle / Tightening
- platinum peptide complex: platinum particles bonded to acetyl tetrapeptide-17, protect the peptide from destructive enzymes in the skin, allowing superior anti-wrinkle activity and firming
- sugar and acacia gum complex acts as a tensing agent to smooth the skin
- buckwheat wax decreases volume of under eye bags
- caffeine helps to reduce the feeling of under eye puffiness
- soft-focus diamond-core powder changes skin’s reaction to unflattering light
- dual-functioning skin-strengthening peptide complex reduces the appearance of darkness under the eye and builds skin’s density to disguise discoloration
Protective / Hydrating
- exclusive botanical bio-peptide defends against free radicals, activates DNA renewal mechanism, and boosts firmness and elasticity
- mineral-rich algae prevents severe dryness
- salicornia plant extract increases moisture pathways in the skin
Cellular Eye Cream Platinum Rare is a lightweight eye cream that works well on combating and relieving minor dark circles and puffiness. I won't say that it's a miracle in a pot, but I still regard it as one of the good ones for prevention/maintenance on the market. So if you start using it at an earlier stage in eye area aging, the chance of getting the most benefits out of it is way higher and satisfying than those who begin late. This is purely based on my family's experience, but it will work just as good if you are someone who gets injectables and/or intensive eye treatment done on a regular basis too.
It spreads very easily and absorbs quick into skin but it doesn't give long-lasting hydration compared to most of their other eye creams. If you prefer a relatively lighter-weight eye cream amongst La Prairie eye creams, then Cellular Eye Cream Platinum Rare is perfect, but if your key focus is more on longevity in hydration, then I would rather recommend their Cellular Eye Contour Cream or La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Eye Lift Cream instead.
Where to buy
- COSME-DE (Free worldwide shipping & discounts)
- Nordstrom (Free shipping & samples)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Free shipping & samples)
comments powered by Disqus
- Sisley Sisleÿa L'Integral Eye & Lip Contour Cream
- La Mer Genaissance de La Mer The Eye and Expression Cream
- La Prairie Anti-Aging Skincare - Anti-wrinkle/ Plumping (Part 1)
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Absolute Filler Cream
- La Prairie Skin Caviar Moisturisers (Luxe Cream/ Luxe Cream Sheer/ Firming Complex)